Teamwork Dreamwork

After a full week of soccer tryouts, meetups at pops, and joining the Blue and Gold (the school newspaper, now run by me and Jug) I decided that this weekend it might be nice to meet up with the team at my house. My mom is working out of town this weekend in Greendale so it would also be nice to have the extra help with the babies. Truthfully I just wanted to invite Jug over, but my mom said no so I went with the whole team. Mike finds it funny that I call my group of friends "the team" but that is really what we are. We work together as one and figure out what ever we need to do. I have been tutoring Archie so that his grades come up, Juggie has been helping me take care of the babies along with Ronnie and Kevin, and we all are trying to help out Jug who finally told us what was happening with his crazy life, after I told him what was happening in my crazy life. If you thought my life was hell, just wait until you hear about his. So pretty much a small overview of what is happening in his life, is that his dad is a drunk, who may or may not be going to jail for a murder that he didn't commit, and his mom who is a crazy abusive parent like my dad was, took his little sister JB and ran to god knows where. So on top of me dealing with the death my sister and taking care of her babies, now I am actively working at a newspaper, playing on the varsity soccer team, looking for jugs sister and mom, and trying to help find a lawyer for his dad. It's a bit of a mess but having a weekend just hanging out with them at my house will help.

"Betts? You home?" I hear Jug call my name from the front of the house and picking up the twins in both of my arms rush to the front door to open it. Both Mike and Chick are staying with friends/girlfriends this weekend so it will just be the team and the babies.

"Yeah, sorry Juggie these two were being a bit of a hassle" he laughed as he realized neither of them had clothes on and I had pee on my t shirt.

"Juggie?" Ronnie came in walking behind him and laughed at the unintentional nickname I just gave to Jughead.

"And I thought Archiekins was a cute name" We all laughed and I walked them into the living room before trying to go and change the twins diapers. 

"Need some help?" I turned around from the changing table in the twins room to see Jug leaning against the door frame and smirking at my frantic effort to grab their outfits from the closet while keeping one hand on both of their arms.

"Yes, please. Could you grab those overalls?" he walked into the room and grabbed two pairs of overalls, one blue and one an army green. Then he walked over to me, put the clothes in between the changing stations and put Keegan on the other so that we each had one baby.

"I don't know what I would do without you" I sighed. I have had feeling for his ever since I came back to Riverdale, I just didn't know how to tell him. I have always had a hard time telling people how I really feel, but this was different. It's not that I was scared of telling him, it was that I didn't want him to end up feeling like if we dated he would need to help me with the twins. But from talking to Ronnie and Kevin, I know that that fear is stupid. They say he loves me, and he already helps me with the babies so so much. I think he just really likes spending time with them, and hopefully with me.

"Betty I just want to tell you-"

"Jug you know you don't have to help me with them. I mean if you don't want to. I would really like if you wanted to. But if you don't like it-" he cut me off with a goofy smile and then a kiss. Which let me say was the best kiss I have ever had. It would have been even better if both of our hands were busy holding babies onto changing tables. But I mean it was truly amazing. Until of course the babies started crying and we had to awkwardly break away from the kiss and wipe their butts. But the whole experience was something I don't think I could ever feel with someone else. And I don't think I would want to feel with someone else. This weekend is going to be amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might do the POV of one of the other characters on Sunday.