Fifteen

I couldnt breathe. What is this? Who took these pictures? How do they know where I live? There was so much going through my mind right now. I didnt know who to call, who to talk to. I cant talk to Colby or Harry about this. I didnt want to talk to my parents about this either. I grabbed the papers and chucked them across the room in anger. I fell onto my bed and for the second time that day, I cried myself to sleep.

I awoke in the middle of the night to a crash downstairs. I sat up straight but I couldnt see because my eyes were all crusted from crying. I tumbled down the hallway and walked into the bathroom and got a wet cloth. I rinsed my eyes and crept down the stairs. I was halfway down the stairs when I noticed that I didn't have my glasses on. I squinted and then I saw something move from the corner of my eye. I turned my head towards the door, just in time to see it slam. I started to shake. I ran down the stairs and locked all the doors and windows. I checked and double checked to make sure that everything was locked. I ran back upstairs and grabbed my cell phone. There was only one person I needed right now and that was Harry.

H: Sydney?

S: Harry.

H: Sydney, its four in the morning. Whats going on?

S: Harry, I need you. Can you please come over?

H: Yeah, ill be right there!

I hung up the phone and sat with my head between my knees. I decided to wait downstairs until Harry got there. I sat on the couch and waited. There was a knock at the door but I didn't want to get up. I was scared. Was it Harry? Was it whoever was in here earlier? I got up slowly and stood on my tip toes to look through the peep hole. There was Harry. I quickly unlocked the door and took off the chain. I ripped the door open and ran into Harry's arms. I took a deep breath in and all I could smell was Harry. I already felt calm. He wrapped one arm around me and played with my hair with his other hand. I started to cry. I couldnt hold it in anymore. What was happening? "Shh. Its okay. Im here." He said. He walked in and closed the door. He guided me to the couch and sat me down. "I'm going to get you some hot chocolate and a blanket okay?" Harry said turning his back to me and started to walk into the kitchen. "Harry!" I said urgently. He turned around and raised an eyebrow. "huh?" He asked. "Lock the door okay?" I said. He nodded and went into the kitchen. I closed my eyes and leaned against the couch. I felt calmer with Harry with me. He came back and put a blanket over top of me and then handed me a mug. He sat down next to me and rubbed my leg. "Sydney? What happened?" He asked. "Harry, someone was in here." I said in a whisper. "Where are your parents? Wheres Luke?" He asked. "They're out for the night." "Did they hurt you?" He asked and I knew he was talking about the person that was in the house. I shook my head. I decided that I didn't want to tell Harry about the pictures and letter I got earlier. He just kept listening to me and I laid my head on his chest. All of the awkwardness from earlier was gone. I didnt care at that moment. I needed my friend Harry and not the guy I kissed. "When did you see this person?" Harry asked, but I barely heard him. I was drifting off and i knew I couldn't stay awake anymore. I let my body fell into Harry and I fell asleep the moment I let go.

I woke up the next morning to a knock at the door. I opened my eyes and noticed that I was still curled into Harry on the couch in the living room. I got off the couch and was so tired, I didn't even look through the peep hole, I just opened the door. "Good morning sunshine." It was Colby. I was squinting. I still didnt have my glasses. He hugged me and I hugged him back. "Hey." I said. He walked in and closed the door. Harry was still here. He stopped in his tracks and said "Whats he doing here?" Looking at Harry who was still asleep. "Oh, shh." I said pulling Colby by the hand into the kitchen. "Sorry, my parents were out last night and I didn't want to be alone." I explained. "You could have called me." He said. "I know, im sorry. You know how we are friends and I dont always get to see him" I said. He nodded and said "Well, I just wanted to check on you and say goodmorning. Im going skating with the boys at the new indoor arena they built by the school. I'll call you when I get home." He said kissing the top of my head but still seemed a bit hesitant. "Thanks babe. Have a great day." I said hugging him. I walked him to the door and kissed him goodbye.