Twelve

A big smile spread across my face. I ran and hugged Harry. "How are you here?" I asked. "I had a couple days free so I decided that I would come see you." He said smiling at me. "And your family." He added quickly. I pulled away from his hug and looked at my parents and brother. "Luke, you scared the crap out of me!" I said punching his arm. "Ow. Mom! Dad!" Luke yelled. "Sydney, say sorry. It was all of our idea." I rolled my eyes. "We will leave you guys alone for a bit. Dinner is in an hour and then later tonight at like ten or so, whenever it gets dark, we have that bonfire at the neighbors." My dad said. They all left the room and I sat on my bed. Harry came and sat next to me. "Well, you and your family, havent changed a bit." Harry said.  I stuck my tounge out at Harry. "When did you get here?" I asked him. "Only a while ago." I nodded. "So, you want to show me around. Anything interesting to do here?" He asked. I shrugged. "Its a pretty boring place but I know we can find something to do!" I said. He laughed and put his arm around my shoulders.

Me and Harry got his bags and stuff and dragged them upstairs. My family decided that Harry could stay in my room, but my dad said he had to sleep on the floor. Of corse my dad would say that. I told him he could sleep on the couch, or in Lukes bed but he said it was fine, that he wanted to be near me anyhow. We brought the bags upstairs and then we decided that we would just go hang in the back yard until dinner. "So, where are we going tonight?" He asked. "I dont know. The forks, bowling, Tim Hortans maybe. I dont know, we will figure it out as we go." I said. "I like how you think." He said smiling. I never thought that I would ever have my best friend back. We were laying on our backs in the grass and looking at the clouds, when I said "Dont you miss the old days?" I know I really did. "Yes and no." "Huh?" I asked. "Well, I do miss my house. I miss living down the street from you. I miss us, but my life now is amazing. When I get out on stage and I hear all those people cheering for me and the boys, its just- I don't think it has set in yet." I looked at him and he had a smile across his face. I could tell that he was happy. "Do you like it here Sydney?" He asked. "Yes and no." I said mocking him even though it was the truth. "I mean, I like it here. Its where I grew up since you left. It gave me a fresh start. Ive met some great people and great friends. Its nice I guess but I really miss Cheshire though. The warm feeling I got there, its just different here." I wasnt smiling but I wasn't frowning. I had a straight face. "Yeah I know what you mean. I cant wait to go home for a bit. I miss it quite a lot." "Me too." I said quietly. "Maybe I can take you back." Harry said looking over at me. "Yeah that would be nice." I said staring at the clouds. "Hey, you know what I miss most?" Harry said. I waited for his answer still looking at the sky. "Your accent. What the heck happened?" I looked at him now and laughed. "Yeah I miss it too. When I came here, I didn't want to be known as the british girl." I smiled. We were both smiling at each other when I heard the door open and Luke yell "Dinner is ready!" Well, that ruined that moment.

We all sat at the table eating Tacos. My favorite! "So, you like being famous?" My mother asked Harry. "Yeah its interesting. It is so amazing to look back and think, wow, I was just any ordinary kid and now look where I am." I could tell Harry was proud. My mom smiled and said "Yeah its amazing alright!" Then luke broke in "Hey Harry, want to come down to the arcade with me later?" Luke and Harry were really close when Luke was little and before everything happened. Luke always wanted an older brother and thats what Harry was to him. I felt bad for him sometimes. Harry looked at me and said "Well, me and Sydney had plans to go out, but im sure she wouldnt mind taking an extra stop. Now would she?"Harry said glancing over at me. He knew that I wouldn't want to go. "Um, I actually have a ton of chores to do, rememeber mom?" I looked to her for help. I didnt want to go out with my brother, especially to the dumb arcade. "Well, your chores can wait until Harry leaves." Mom said smiling at me. I sighed and said "Arcade it is." Then took the last bit of my taco.

I drove us down to the arcade and tried to stay in the car. "Ill just wait here, go on, have fun." I said trying to shoo them out of the car. "Okay." Luke said cheerfully as he hopped out of the car. "Cmon Sydney." Harry said. "Nope." I said stubbornly. "Fine." Harry said with a devilish look in his eye. He got out of the car but instead of going into the arcade with my brother he came around to the other side of the car and opened the door. "What are you doi-" I started saying when Harry reached over and undid my seat belt. He picked me up and carried me into the arcade. "Harry!" I whined. "What, the arcade is so fun. Rememeber the one we used to go to, down the street from the bakery?" Harry asked. "Yeah." "You used to have so much fun there!" Harry exclaimed. "I was younger, I am a teenager now!" I said as I walked over to a game my brother was playing. Party crash 2000. What kind of name is that. Where are all the Mario's and Pacman's? Those are the arcade games I loved. "Sydney, come here, remember this game?" Harry asked as I walked over to a machine. It was Duck Hunt. I smiled, yes I remembered this game. I started to play it and I sucked. Harry put his arms around me and helped me with the controls. We were doing pretty good until there was a voice behind us. We turned around to find a little boy,"Ahem!" He said. "Oh im sorry, cmon Harry." I said pulling him away. "Yeah you better move, let the master have a turn." The little boy said as he cracked his knuckles. I started to laugh but Harry put his hand over my mouth, so it came out all muffled. We found my brother and told him it was time to go home. We got back in the car and dropped my brother off at home.