Bubble Tea

(I didn't have a lot to go on for this chapter so please forgive me. Also, finals are a pain in my fucking ass.)

"So, do you have any idea where you wanna go?" Stampy asked.

Dan had just picked up Stampy for a casual late date night. Luckily, the night was actually cool enough to enjoy without freezing anything off.

"Not really. Besides, I chose last time." Stampy beamed at Dan's choice. 'Heh, cute.'

"Oh, this is perfect! There's something I've always wanted you to try for a while! We can even walk to if you'd like!"

The walk, despite it being long, was enjoyable. Both boys were enjoying the silence as they just walk and enjoy what there is to see. It's anything either of them could ask for.

They eventually make their way to a plaza where restaurants and stores illuminate the sidewalks with calm cream colored lighting. In front of them stands a vintage restaurant named "A Cup Of Relaxation."

"Is this new?" Dan asked.

"No, not really. It's a hidden gem and I've been coming here before we started dating. I've wanted you to try the food here for a while, but I always keep forgetting to mention it."

As they step inside the shop, the smell of dark roast coffee and tea fragrances fill the air, making its aroma more relaxing. They sat down at a table as a waitress came out to take an order.

"Welcome back, sir. Can I get you your regular order."

"Oh, yes please."

"Matcha bubble tea and flan coming right out" sir. What about you, sir?"

"Oh, he'll be getting the same thing I'm getting, but make it coffee flavored instead please."

"Sure thing, sir. I'll be out in a few minutes." The waitress went to the back to inform the cook of their order.

"You've really come here a lot huh?" Dan relaxes and rests his arms on the table.

"Can you blame me? This place is really nice and like coming here to relax."

Dan sits back in his chair and finally takes in the place. It has an all wooden cabin feel and with the coffee and tea smell in the air, it just good vibes all around. There weren't that many customers, but those that were there were working on their laptops or talking amongst themselves. The cream-colored lighting probably added the most atmosphere to the place. Nothing is stressful and everything is at peace. "I can see why you come here."

"It's a good place to relax in. I come here to work if I really feel like it."

"I'm shocked I didn't discover this place sooner."

"It's like I said before. It's a hidden gem."

"How did you find it?"

Stampy looked at Dan and rubs his hands behind his neck. "Well, it was after a breakup I had with my girlfriend. I wasn't feeling all that great and one day I decided I'd take a walk. I didn't really have a destination in mind so I just wandered around aimlessly and eventually got lost. The worst part about it is that I left my phone at home so I couldn't look up where I was. That's when I found this place." Stampy gestures to their surroundings. "This place was so warm and inviting. It was so new, I was afraid to go inside. I know it's silly, but I was afraid if I stepped one foot in here, I'd poison it with just my presence. I pushed all my anxieties away, though. Just for one moment, and then I felt so relaxed. I was treated with respect and all the problems I had in my mind just went away. After that, I kept coming here more often.

"I never came here with anyone else though. I didn't want to. I felt like they would just make turn this place into something that this place couldn't be. So, I came here alone. Even after we were dating, I was afraid of bringing you here. I didn't know what would happen."

Stampy looks down at his hands which were resting on the table. Dan thought about everything Stampy had said. He could probably sympathize with him. Not because he has to, but because he'd feel the exact same way. There are some places he hasn't into his boyfriend to for those same exact reasons. Dan reaches out and grabs Stampy's hand, giving a reassuring squeeze and making Stampy look up. "Stamps, I love this. I would never do anything to hurt the places you love. I love you opening to me about this and I promise I will not do anything... If you promise to do the same."

Stampy smiles and brings Dan's hands to his lips. "I promise."

(So, like, sorry for the lack of content. I didn't have any inspiration for this one and I felt like I should update this before I work on the next chapter for my other book (Totally check it out by the way I need opinions). But other than that, when I post that chapter, I'll be coming back to this one to work on another chapter and it's going to be pretty big. High School au I think is next.)