He Needs Some SLEEP

"Human speaking"
'Human thinking'
"Dragon speaking"
'Dragon thinking'

Ok so this chapter ended up just being a side story that may or may not ever connect with the main story.
-------------------

LISTEN UP! This is the story about the worst b*tch in history! She currently lives on Berk with our favourite one-legged viking, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III... "Hiccup!" ...and would you look at that. Here she comes now!

Hiccup turned toward the voice. "Oh! Hey Astrid." Yup. That's right. Astrid Hofferson. She doesn't take no for an answer. Unless she wants you to say no. "What are you doing? We're supposed to go flying together!" Hiccup's eyes widen in confusion. "What? I don't remember us talking about that."
Astrid's eyes narrow. "What do you mean you don't remember? We were talking about it last night!"
The teen raises his eyebrows. "Oh. No I was telling you that I was going to take Toothless out flying later today with the guys."

The blond scoffs. "Whatever." She turns and walks off.
Hiccup watches the girl leave then turns to Snotlout who saw the whole thing. "What just happened?" His cousin stares in the direction the Hofferson left in before looking at Berk's heir. "I have no idea." Tuffnut wraps an arm around his should. "Don't worry Hic. I'm sure she's just frustrated about something." The Jorgenson nods in agreement. "Yeah, don't let it get to you. Now let's get going before the sun sets!"

☆Sunset☆

Hiccup bids farewell to his friends before he lands on his platform outside his bedroom. He fantasizes about a peaceful night sleep... or at least he DID. Until a blond banshee decided to make herself known. "Hiccup! Where have you been?" Exasperated, Hiccup sighs. "Shouldn't you be at home Astrid?" Astrid glares. "Don't change the subject! Answer my question!"

Hiccup rolls his eyes. 'Looks like I won't get to sleep tonight again.'
"I don't see how that's any of your business. You're not my girlfriend" Astrid crosses her arms. "I could be." "Actually, you can't."
The girl's eyes narrow. "And why not? Is it another girl you like?" Hiccup's exhaustion is starting to get to him at this point. He hunches. "Astrid..."
She continues glaring daggers. "Answer the question." The heir seems to growl in frustration. "There won't ever be a girl."
A look of confusion sets on Astrid's face. "What's that supposed to mean? Are you calling me ugly?" Hiccup clenches his fists. "I'm gay Astrid! It's not like I haven't told you before. I told you many times before. Even the guys know I told you!" She continues to glare. She turns her nose up at him and leaves. "Hmph!"

Hiccup slides his hand down his face in exhaustion. Toothless gently nudges his rider's leg. "I'm ok bud. Let's get you something to eat and head back to the forge."
The nightfury looks at him in concern. 'It's been a week since he last eaten and slept. How has nobody except Snotlout and Tuffnut noticed?' He eats then follows Hiccup to the forge.

Next Night☆

"Hiccup!" Said teen sighs in frustration. "What is it now, Astrid?" The blond crosses her arms. "What's that supposed to mean? You were supposed to accompany me to the forge!" Hiccup drags his hand down his face for the second time that week as Toothless growls a warning at her.
"Astrid. We aren't dating." She lifts her nose up in defiance. "Who says?" Berk's heir turns to face the shield Maiden completely. "Me. I told you yesterday Astrid. I'm gay." She scoffs.
"Oh please. An heir can't be gay. They need an heir themselves when they're chief."
Hiccup facepalms. "Ever heard of adoption? It's a way for two guys to have a kid without the ability to get pregnant." She turns around and walks off. "Whatever."

Hiccup sways a little from the lack of sleep for the past week. Toothless goes around to the front of his rider. Having noticed the swaying, he stands on his hind legs catch him in case he falls. "Hiccup?" Listening closely, Toothless can hear the boy's breathing grow heavy. "...othless..." He mumbled so weakly that the nightfury had to focus all his attention on his rider.
Hiccup sways a little too far and without thinking, Toothless unintentionally turns into his human form and catches him in his arms. "Hiccup!" Picking the boy up bridle style, he runs all the way to his house and knocks like mad.

When the door opens, Stoick looks at what appears to be a stranger that's carrying his son. "Who are you?" Toothless shakes his head. "Let's say I'm a distant friend of his for now." The chief nods, accepting the explanation for now. He steps aside to let him in. Immediately, he goes to their shared room and tucks him into bed. Returning downstairs, he stands in front of Stoick. "It's difficult to explain. You know me but at the same time you don't." Stoick raises an eyebrow in confusion.
Toothless takes a step back. "Please, pay close attention." Stoick does indeed watch closely. Toothless changes back into his dragon form. Stoick's eyes widen. The chief appears to be calm as he says a string of curse words.

After Stoick calms down, Toothless turns back into his human form and tells him about how Astrid has been the cause of the young Haddock skipping meals and losing sleep for a whole week.
Stoick almost doesn't believe it until he remembers that this is Toothless: Hiccup's best friend. He nods. "I'll look into it. Take care of Hiccup while I'm out, yeah?"
Toothless nods. "You got it chief." He turns back into his dragon form and goes upstairs. The only way he knows to make sure the boy stays in bed is to wrap him up in his wings. So that's exactly what he does.

-------------------

I hope this suffices for now 😁

UPDATE

I went back to this chapter to edit some things 😅. I'll eventually edit the second (third?) chapter