Chapter 16 Lucky Ones

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"I was so scared thought that no one can save me.

You came along swooped me up like baby.

Everybody told me love was blind.

Then I saw your face and you blew my mind.

Could it be that you and me are the lucky ones?"

Chapter 16

I find it funny how unaware people are when they are asleep. Mainly because I never realized that I had flipped over to lean into Callum's arms during the middle of the night. I snuggled against him, using his shoulder as my new pillow and his chest as the perfect resting spot for my left cheek.

Every part of him was useful to me. The way I could lay my hand over his sculpted chest and he would just lay his head next to mine. If he wanted to, he could just turn to kiss me on the forehead without even trying.

He never moved himself from me though. No, in fact he just held me tighter in the midst of his unconsciousness.

Who knew that Callum Bell was capable of loving even in his sleep?

It seems to me that he's been without some for so long. He was love deprived--just like me. Well, that, or he's just thirsty.

People say we accept the love we think we deserve, so anyone can see why I think that it could be easy for me to suddenly forgive Callum after waking up to his kisses.

"And when are you going to stop attacking me with your mouth?" I asked irritatingly.

"This is how I say I'm sorry," he spoke into the crook of my neck. I tried to dismiss the feeling of his lips brushing against my skin.

"Use your words," I mumbled, trying really hard for him to not get a reaction from me. But truthfully, I didn't want him to.

His lips, I could live off them.

"Actions speak louder, and I want you to hear it." He nibbled lightly on my sensitive flesh. "Kira I would never let you leave the bedroom if I knew you couldn't have been able to take on the job, yesterday."

"Really?" I asked, unconvinced.

"I would tie you to the fucking bed Jack Rabbit." His arm slithered its way over my waist, holding me close. "But I'm serious."

"Is this you trying to be concerned?"

"Yes. Stop making me admit things when you already know the answer."

"The perks of being with you."

"Are you saying that you're mine?" he grinned victoriously.

"Maybe I am," I smiled cunningly. "Maybe I'm not." I watched as his smile twisted into a frown.

"Hey, it's not everyday you see Callum Bell doing this for a girl. Consider yourself lucky," he said. I turned my head slowly, and furrowed a brow at him.

"And how many times have people seen you doing this with a girl?"

"Let's forget what I just said," he shrugged.

He leaned in close and puckered his lips to kiss me, but I slapped a palm onto his face.

"No."

"Kira," he growled. "I'm sorry."

He rolled on top of me and snaked his arms around my waist, being sure to hold me tightly.

Resting his head into the crook of my neck, he whispered, "How many times do I have to apologize?"