Close Call

Mona's POV

I was getting frustrated on this case, as it has been a month since I looked into it.

I haven't told the authority or to anyone about what I know. This is the big break that I've been waiting for. This small town girl is finally going to make it big. I told my mom only a few details on how the case is going, I don't want her to worry that much.

I deserve a break and hanging out with my boyfriend on a lazy Sunday is the thing I need the most. After learning about what happened to Sky I was still thinking hard about his case, I then decided to go to Jules place with so much on my mind.

I'm thankful that he didn't mind my absent mind and was just there for me. He is such an observant boyfriend and feeds me while I study the case.

While I was in bed with Jules I told him what I knew and then we argued about what really happened.

"I think Mona that everyone is just paranoid, maybe he could have gotten a girl pregnant or got in trouble with his business; those are the most likely things that asshole could do." He explained in a convincing way.

"Well for starters the bouncer finds the guy fishy. Just look at it, the mystery guy left Mandy and only took Sky." I added some evidence to him.

"Well probably the person is a friend or an assistant of Sky and he knew nothing of the girl, so he just left her to the care of the personnel." Jules said convincingly.

"Well if he is a friend or an assistant of Sky, why didn't he drop both at Sky's place and let them rest?" I argued with Jules statement.

"Look can we just cuddle and sleep, I don't want to dream about Sky tonight. I just want you all for myself, okay Mona?" He then turned off the light and turned on the night lamp.

"I guess we should stop and I need to take a rest from that case." I gave up to his request and slept it off.

This is one of the most peaceful sleep I ever had, in light of the recent discoveries I found out about Sky.

I was awakened by the smell of pancakes and bacon, definitely one of Jules signature breakfast dishes.

I was about to reach for my notebook containing the important notes about Sky. I placed it inside Jules bedside cabinet.

I took my notebook when I noticed a watch that was similar to the one's Sky would wear.

I was about to pick it up when Jules opened the door and served me his bacon and pancakes along with maple syrup.

I closed the cabinet, maybe it's just a mere coincidence?

Still why didn't Jules ever wear that watch?

Jules would never do that; he is a sweet innocent guy.

The watch seemed to be broken too.

I can't help it so I asked Jules,

"Babe I noticed a watch in your cabinet that you don't seem to wear. It looks also expensive." I asked him.

"Well it was gift from my grandfather and I haven't got time to have it repaired, since it was a Christmas gift." He explained then took the watch and pocketed it.

"Well then enjoy the food, I'm going to make us some coffee." He then left the room.

I couldn't check the watch anymore as Jules took it, maybe he was worried that would break it.

I guess I'm just being paranoid, even though Jules once beat up Sky.

That doesn't have anything in connection with him.

Jules's POV

It was a close call I had no time to dispose the watch so I place it underneath my basement along with what I wear when I follow Mona around.

I need to be really careful.

I wish that Mona didn't have to be so curious about Sky, now she knows so much more.

Why can't she just give up?

I made myself invisible to the people and camera around the club.

I should stop using his account and get on with my life.

Even after death that asshole Sky is still disturbing our relationship.

Is Mona already suspicious of me?

Maybe not, I need to bury this asshole once and for all.