A Favor

I don't think I'll ever have the confidence to message or call you Mona, fortunately you texted me my dear so I won't have to do the hard part.

Do you like me too Mona?

It's a Friday afternoon the coffee shop was packed with customers, some busy staring at their laptop screens, some students are studying and some people are catching up with one another.

I was on my break when I received a message from Mona, "Hey July! I was wondering if you're not so busy this evening? I could really use company while studying? Still I understand if you've got better thing to do, lastly could you also make me my regular drink iced and stronger? xoxo"

Why do you have to be so beautiful and perfect Mona? You got me saying yes in a heartbeat.

I texted back immediately, "For you I am free and of your service, so I'll be seeing you later then? Also don't worry I'll add a kick of caffeine for you. ;)" I really don't know if I should have added that wink, still I hit the send button on my screen.

A few seconds you responded to my text, "You're the best July! I'll be there at 6!" I could feel her enthusiasm already.

Mona are you asking me on a date tonight?

I swear you could rock anything you wear and you still would look perfect Mona.

How could you even look beautiful always in a messy bun, yet you are only wearing a hoodie and jeans.

You looked at me with those hazel eyes and those damn smiles of yours; I guess I'll be forever yours now Mona.

Exactly as you got near me I've already prepared your order and put it up at the counter and you giggled saying, "Jules you are a quickie person aren't you?"

After saying that Mona winked at me,

is she flirting with me?

Well if you are flirting with me it means you like me too,

I'll go slow and nice Mona I promise you'll love me soon.

I just laughed and said, "I wouldn't want my best customer to have a slow service, she might leave us you know."

As Mona was about to get her drink I slipped in a cookie, she smiled and looked at me, "Aww Jules you didn't have too!"

I told her, "Well it's on me, as a good luck while you study!"

I felt that she really liked the gesture as she thanked me, "Thank you Jules for always being nice to me, you're a nice person and all. That's why you attract customers like me."

Should I clarify on what does she mean, am I hitting the nice guy zone? "Thanks Mona, are you using the you're a good guy but I can't date you line?" I laughed after saying that, just for the act of not looking desperate or creepy.

She laughed along too and said, "Oh my Jules you are a great friend and all, I'd totally date you as you'd make the perfect barista boyfriend! Really I'll be studying now."

Well I watched her go into her regular table near the windows again,

leaving me wondering if she really would date me?