Chapter 6

Summer’s Point of View-

“BIKING!” said justin. No no no and no. I remember when I was eight, before my parents died in a week and torture began, my father was trying to teach me how to bike, but I was such an awful biker, I fell every time I was starting to learn, so I just gave it up.

“Come on summer you can do this” my mom squealed looking at me and my dad.

“Dad I’m scared” I said looking at my dad’s green eyes.

“No honey, you shouldn’t be, life is about taking risks” he smiled.

“But—“

“I got your back, come on honey”

My dad was right, I trust him enough. I took a deep breath before starting off my bike, I was starting to get a hang of it, until I fell. It hurt, a lot. I rushed to the house pissed off.

“Why did you give up?” my dad asked following me into the house.

“Because I can’t do it, dad”

“Yes you can, have faith in yourself” he said but I kept quiet “we will try again next week” he said and left.

The next week, when it was time for my dad to come home and teach me how to bike, again… he never showed up.

--

“Summer are you alright?” asked justin.

“Yeah, yeah… but I don’t know how to bike”

“I’ll teach you” he said. NO. no he won’t.

“No justin, like I really suck at biking, and I don’t like it, it reminds me of some things I  don't want to remember” I answered trying my best not to give him any more hints about my past, my parents, my dad. Not because I didn’t trust him, but because he’ll insist on knowing and I just don’t want to talk about it.

 “How about… the movies?” he questioned.

“Sure” I smiled, I looked and the scar that was revealed one last time, I wanted to hide it but… it’s too hot. Whatever, I shrugged it off and walked downstairs with Justin. 

“Do you know how to drive?” asked justin and I shook my head.

“I know what we should do…” he added, a smirk forming on his face, I don’t know what he’s up to, but I hope it’s something good. “Let’s teach you how to drive!” he said exclaiming.

“Justin, you can’t just teach me randomly, we have to go to the thingie... the car teaching place or whatever it's called”

“It’s good to break the rules once in a while” he said his smirk still plastered on his face. “oh, and being a rebel isn’t something bad” he added. YES, YES IT’S BAD. WHAT’S WRONG WITH HIM?

“Justin, Scooter will kill us, and if the police catch us, we are dead”

“YOLO!” he shouted.

“Yolo?” I questioned.

“You only live once” he said. Ooooh, well… he’s right. Why not?

“Well…. You can…. Teach me how to drive” I said and the biggest smile formed on his face “but if something happens, it’s all your fault” I added.

“No worries” he said and we walked to his car.

**

“ok, slow down… turn… put it back on drive… now turn… great… keep focused on the mirrors” justin kept on saying stuff like that while I drove. I was pretty good at this. 

“you’re an amazing starter”

“thank you” I said and smiled. I looked over at justin who’s smile faded away. He was staring at something so I turned to his direction and saw a police officer walking our way.

“shit” we both mumbled at the same time. I stopped the car and opened the window for the officer.

“Papers” he said referring to my license.

“scissors! We win!” said justin, I looked over at him giving him the ‘what the fuck are you doing’ look. And the officer just stood there shooting daggers at us with his looks.

“I forgot them at home, officer” I lied. I think it worked, right?

WRONG.

“out of the car both of you” he stated. Fuck fuck fuck fuck and fuck! This can’t be happening! Scooter is going to rip our heads off once he knows.

“No, no, you got it wrong, sir…” said justin but the officer interrupted him by opening my door and gesturing me to get out. This cannot be happening.

“Get out Justin” said the officer.

“How do you know his name?” I asked shocked.

“My daughter is a big fan” he said. Oh yeah, I always forget that justin is famous.

“How about I meet her and afterwards we go home safe and sound” said justin.

“Nice try mister bieber, but we are gonna have to put you in the waiting room until your parents come and get you”

PARENTS COME AND GET YOU? His last words echoed in my head… does this mean that… no. this can’t be happening. Hades can’t come and get me. No no, and bloody hell no. I looked over to justin who was horrified as much as I was. YOLO justin. YOLO right? I swear if I could just chop off his head at this moment, I wouldn’t say no. 

**

“GOOD JOB JUSTIN LOOK AT WHERE YOU GOT US! UGH I JUST CAN’T BELIEVE I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO AGREE WITH YOU!” I shouted at justin while he was pacing around the room they threw us in, and I sat on the metal bench panicking.

“JUSTIN NOW HADES IS GOING TO COME AND GET ME” I said and then tears piled up in my eyes at the mention of his name. “THEY ARE GOING TO CONTACT HIM AND HE’S GOING TO TAKE THIS AS AN OPPURTINIY TO GET ME BACK” now the tears were crawling down my cheeks. Justin stopped walking and came over to me. He leaned on his knees so he was a bit shorter than me since I was seated.

“I won’t let him take you, summer” he said, and before I could talk he continued “before we met, it was different, he could get you back because no one was there to protect you, but now, I’m here, and as long as I’m here, no one will ever come near you… I promise” 

These words were like a coat that covered up all my fear. I removed my head from between my hands, and then looked at justin.

“How are you going to protect me from him justin? You don’t know who he is, you don’t” I said and he smiled.

“and you don’t know who I am” he said and then his smile grew bigger. “please, just trust me. I promise I won’t let you down, summer” our faces were just too close that our noses were touching each other, what the hell is happening? No matter how eager I was to close the gap between us, I just couldn’t. I don’t know why, I was afraid of trusting someone, especially at this point in my life, I have so much going on and I don’t want any more drama in my life. I just don’t want to get hurt, not more than I already am, maybe I should trust justin by protecting me from Hades, but I should not trust him by giving him my heart, maybe not now, or ever.