Chapter 8

It was 3 in the morning and i still couldn't sleep, i kept on turning and fidgeting, so i decided to go downstairs and watch some TV or something. I put on the weird donald duck socks Carin got and walked downstairs trying my best not to do any noise. 

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed the bottle of water and poured some into the glass cup. I was almost going to drink until the glass door of the backyard flung open. I jumped from horror and looked to see if there was anyone, i wasn't having a good sight so i decided to go closer, and in case i grabbed one of the knives that were placed on the marble counter. As i walked closer to the door, there was absolutely nobody there, just the wind and the dark night. I closed the glass door and locked it relieved and when i turned around i saw the person i feared most, the person that made me weak, the one i hoped i'd never ever see again. He stood there behind the island of the kitchen with nothing in his hands and a smirk plastered on his face. My heart sank, the feeling of loss came back and i just stood there, i had no energy to utter any word. He walked slowly to one of the high chairs and sat on it drinking the water that i had poured into the cup. 

"hello summer" he said. His voice ringing through my head. Stay strong my brain said but i couldn't. I can't simply be strong in front of the person i feared the most. 

"H-hades" i finally said. This word took everything i had to say. And i was stunned that i even talked. 

"Yup, that's me... Surprised?" he said his smirk growing. He made me sick. I had the sense of disgust my stomach was churning with emotions. Nauseous, exactly the word to describe what i feel at this moment. I didn't answer. I just stood there and watched him come closer to me step by step. 

"Oh dear summer, i think you know me too well... And i think you know that i like to play games before attacking" he said now standing in front of me. Yes, i knew that, first he plays games for torture, then he attacks and gets what he wants. One of his signature moves. My eyes started to water but it took every ounce of energy for me to stop tearing up, and it worked. 

"And since i like to play games, i'm not going to take you back. Not now for sure, but soon" he said and started to walk away to the glass door of the backyard. "oh, and i like your socks" he finally said and unlocked the door and left. 

I stood there. Staring at the glass door. Is this really happening? Am i dreaming?

I was stupid enough to shake my head as if the dream would go away, but it didn't. And once i realized that it was all reality, my eyes started pouring rain and i dropped on the kitchen floor, helpless. After an hour of crying my heart out and cursing my life and feeling like it's the end of the world i got up and walked upstairs. There is no way i'm sleeping alone tonight. And i thought about it over a million times before i went in scooters room, i just need to feel safe, and scooter and i have became so close i don't think he'll bother. If only justin was here. 

Justin- 

Why was i thinking about justin? That's exactly what i didn't want... More drama in my life, more worrying. 

I walked towards scooter's bed and got in cuddling up with him, it felt like a father-daughter relationship. Exactly, scooter is the father i never had. 

Within seconds, everything went blank and i drifted to sleep. 

**

“summer?" i woke up to scooter's voice. I straightened my position and lied my back on the back-side of the bed. I got all the memories back. And scooter stared at me in complete shock. I couldn't say a word i simply started crying.