Life

Let You Down
"What did I do wrong this time? That's parents for you ..."

"Pack up your shit, and leave."

I froze, and my body became ridged. My mouth was open, about to let a comeback fall from my lips, but my mothers words stopped me. I looked up at her angry expression, to say she was beyond pissed was an understatement.

I swallowed, and my eyebrows furrowed. I almost laughed with pure shock, "W-What?"

My mom jutted her chin out as she crossed her arms, "You heard m-e." Her voice broke, giving away that this was hurting her, but that still didn't stop her.

I finally straightened, and I became so angry. If looks could kill someone, my mom would already be in hell. "And where the fuck am I supposed to go?" I chuckled darkly.

My mothers eyes narrowed at the sound of that frowned upon word falling from my supposedly "perfect" lips. Well, at least, that's what anyone who didn't know the real me thought. Anyone who didn't know the Avery's/Stanford's. We're not as perfect as we seem.

Jack Avery; the failure.
Kristen Stanford; the drunk.
Darrin Stanford; the stand-in "father".
Sydney Avery; the lesbian.
Ava Stanford; the drop out.
Isla Standford; the bully.

But I love my messed up family. Well, I love my siblings.

Ever since my father left, my mother has been anything but a... mother.

She was an absolute hoe before she met Darrin. Hell, she comes home with different guys when Darrin works late. Darrin would probably leave if it wasn't for Ava and Isla.

"I am sick and tired of trying to put up with you. You're a bad influence on your siblings, you do nothing but hangout with Zach and smoke weed, getting high to pass the days away. You ignore your family! You're rude to me! I did nothing to deserve this! All you do is fail, you fail at everything! And if you haven't failed at something, you give up!" My mom starts screaming at me.

At this point, I'm fuming.

"You did nothing to deserve this?" I make a hand motion between the two of us. "Ever since my father left, you've done nothing but drink and fuck a different guy whenever you had the chance! I raised Sydney! Hell, I practically raised Ava and Isla, but luckily I had the help of your motherfucking husband, who does nothing but try his best to support your alcoholic ass, and his step kids and two daughters! If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't be a failure, I wouldn't have smoked weed, and I wouldn't have been raped!"

Regretfully, tears fall from my eyes, but they're angry tears. My nails are digging into my palms, probably drawing blood, but I don't care. All I care about is getting out of this damned house.

Before my mom can say anything else, I turn. I whip around so fast, that my back almost breaks. It I pay no attention to it. A stomp up the stairs, walk past Sydney, who's coming out of her room to probably comfort me. And I enter my room with a stone cold expression. I slam the door behind my so hard, that I can feel the house shake.

I pull my phone out and dial a number as I pull my two suitcases from the top of my closet, hurriedly packing the things that I need inside. Mom will probably burn the rest out of anger. But I do t care, as long as I have my guitar, songbook, picture book, and skateboard, I'm perfectly fine.

"Hello?" Someone answers tiredly from the other line, and I shake my head. Must've woken him.

"Z, I need you to come and pick me up." I ramble, my voice is thick with tears and anger. Even a deaf and blind man could've sensed how upset I was.

"Woah, Jack, what's going on?" Zach says hurriedly, and I hear shuffling from the other side, he's probably getting dressed.

I sniff, and I start to stuff some hoodies in my second suitcase. "I-I'll explain later. Just hurry."

I hear the muffled sound of Mytas voice, and then Zach says something, then the sound of a door closing. "I'm on my way."

I sigh and I sit back for a second, and I take a deep breath. "What would I do with out you?" I mumble, partially to myself.

I hear Zach chuckle. "You'd probably be dead."

I put the last thing in my suitcase, and I zip it up. "Probably." I tense up when I hear footsteps climbing up the stairs, along with my mothers muffled voice. I shiver, and I shake my head. "Don't hang up." I whisper as I stand, pulling up my suitcases with me.

There was a pause, along with the sound of a blinker. "Wasn't planning on it."

I set the suitcases by my door, then I cross my room to grab my school bag, and a different back pack for other things. And my guitar, skateboard, and more music stuff. I sigh when I hear my door open, I set my phone down on my bed, clicking mute. I turn, about to snap at my mother, but I see my little sister. She looks up at me from the doorway with tears in her eyes.

"You're leaving?"

My chest start spasming with silent sobs as I look at my sister. "Isla..." I choke out.

Isla shakes her head and rushes towards me, embracing waste with the tightest embrace. My shirt gets wet, and Isla lets out little sniffles. I sink down onto my knees, and I squeeze my youngest sister. I rest my forehead on hers and I look into her tears eyes. "I'm sorry."

Isla nods. "I- I know, Jack."

I hug her once again, and I look up to see Ava and Sydney in the doorway with tears also in their eyes. I nod, and they both rush towards me, and we all hug on the floor. We all sob silently, and I whisper promise after promise to the three beautiful people I share my blood with. Promises to spend time with them, promises that it'll get better, promises that I'll call them.

A shadow crosses over us, and I look up to see my mom scowling at the four of us. I blink once, twice, and then I hiccup.

"I'm sorry I haven't been the best brother." Staring into my mothers eyes with defiance in my own.

"I promise to do better."

Before I forget...

Because I will

I would like to remind you that this is just a story. And whatever is said/written is only to help the plot, I do not think these things about the Avery's/Stanford's.

Okay.

Thanks for reading.

YeET