What?

"I know I should let bygones be bygones, but she's the reason why I'm high on what I'm high on."

"I'm sorry."

I continue to stare at the ring on my finger, twisting it around in a way to keep me entertained. For some reason, it's working.

"Jack."

I clear my throat and stop playing with the ring on my finger, and I just stare at the wall in front of me.

"Jack..."

I shake my head no once, refusing to look at the woman who stands in my doorway.

"Jack, I said I was sorry, goddammit."

Her tone of voice was sharp, cold, ugly. But, at the same time, there was a small sliver of desperation in that voice. And I almost, almost, ran into her arms. I so badly want that sense of comfort from that one person, the only person who can give you a sense of safety when they hold you in their arms.

Your mother.

But I've never once felt safe around Kristin. Never once, especially not recently. She has caused me so much hurt and heartbreak throughout her entire life, she doesn't deserve my love and affection and forgiveness. And maybe I don't deserve hers either.

"Jack Robert Ave-"

"Leave."

My mother stops dead in her sentence, and I finally look up at her with so much hatred in my dull brown eyes, that barely seem to hold life in them at the moment, that as she looks back at me, she can be pare,y even stay standing.

"No." She finally says, "You're coming home with me."

I stare into her eyes, unblinking, and I laugh. I start laughing like a maniac, and maybe I am. But what does it matter? Somehow, the crazy ones are always the strongest. They somehow always live the longest if they're never caught.

My mother looks at me like I've gone batshit, which makes me laugh harder.

I glance behind her to see the only opened only Zach Herron staring at me with concern in his eyes, and so many other emotions.

I stand, and I shake my head as my laughter dies into psychotic chuckling. "Your home, Kristin," Kristin flinches at the way her name rolls off of my tongue. I said her name like my mouth was full of acid, like she was a disgrace. "Is not, and never will be anytime soon, my home. My home," I glance at Zach, and my face softens a bit, and I smile to myself. I decide to keep eye intact with the younger boy, choosing my next words carefully. I take a deep inhale, "My home has two legs, a heart, and a pair of the most gorgeous brown eyes I have ever seen. My home has the most angelic voice, and is the nicest person I have ever met. My home is a person, and I don't need anything else as long as he is there with me. Wherever my home is, I will be there as well." I look back at my mother, and I exhale a breath that I didn't realize I was holding. "For however long he will allow me to."

Kristen makes a disgusted noise, and crosses her arms, but anyone could see the tears in her eyes. "Fine, don't come to our home you little worthless faggot." She turns and walks away, but not before bumping purposefully into Zach on the way out. I almost run after her to strangle her for being so rude to my little Zach, but the look on his face stops me.

Zach looks at me a moment, the biggest smile on his face, and it feels as if I'm stuck in time.

And it all happens so fast.

One moment, I'm staring into the eyes of the most beautiful person on this earth. And the next, I'm tasting salted caramel and the beach all over again.

And we stand like that, kissing each other in blissful harmony, so much emotion held in both of our movements. We kiss each other until we're both red in the face, and we stare at each other a moment, and then we kiss again.

And again.

And again.

I AM FLIPPING MY SHIT

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK

THERES A BABY

A BABY

JACK

AND

GABBIE

HAD

AN

ACTUAL

LIVING

HOOMAN

HOLY SHIT

I DID NOT WAKE UP TODAY THINKING THAT THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Okay, so, what? Like I'm happy for them. Personally, I never really liked Gabbie, like she's cool I guess. I have nothing against her, but I never thought her and Jack were a good fit together. Guess I was wrong considering that there now a motherfucKING CHILD IN THE PICTURE. like, the two could be married and we have no idea.

And I'm confused how no one, like, saw. Paparazzi is a thing. Did she just take a bunch of pictures before hand and hide in her house for nine fucking months. I swear to god she wasn't pregnant five days ago.

And, although I already love Lavender with all my heart because I love Jack just as much, and I know he'll be a great dad, a part of me just doesn't approve. Like, they're both still teenagers in a sense, they have a life to live and stuff to do. And now they have to give up that life to take care of a freaking child. I know how hard having a kid is guys, I had to raise my sisters for a minute cause my mom wasn't being a mom for a good portion of my life. And I grew up way too soon. They are growing up way too soon.

I just. I don't know how to feel about it at the moment, like, I'm just overly surprised. I'm surprised at the fact that I'm not having a panic attack right now. Like holy shit.

I'm happy, I already love Lavender, I just don't approve. Don't come at me.