A

I miss you."

I huff in defeat, and I hunch over in sadness. You did this Jack. You hurt them. You hurt everyone.

"I miss you too, Is-la."

My voice broke halfway into Isla name, and I couldn't stop the warm tears from falling from my eyes and down my cheeks.

"Jackie, don't cry." Isla sweet, small, soprano voice spoke from the other end, muffled because of the device that's currently the only thing in between us.

That and a batshit, homophobic mother.

I sniffle, chuckling. "I'm sorry, love. You know how emotional I can be."

"Yeah!" I hear Ava's voice, and I realize I'm on speaker phone. "Fucking drama queen."

I laugh, "King." I correct her, "And fuck you too, you little drop out."

"Alright, that's enough with the insults." Sydnie interrupts me and Ava's sudden playful banter, humor hidden in her strong, deep voice. "Jack, how are you, big bro?"

I pause, and I look up to see Zach opening my door with a small smile on his face, and the look of mischief in his sparkling brown eyes. I smile up at him, happy that he's now here with me.

'Hey', he mouths, his smile growing as he enters my room and closes the door quietly behind him.

I pat at the spot next to me in the bed, and I put my phone on speaker phone. I wipe a couple fresh tears off of my cheeks and wait until Zach is next to me. He lays his head on his shoulder and I sigh in contentment.

My home.

"Jack?" I hear Sydnie ask, probably confused on the long pause.

Zach traces the tattoos on my arm, and I smile. "I'm-" I pause , trying to find the words. Im not okay, and I don't think I fully will be okay anytime soon. But, if I have my sisters, and Zach here by my side, then I think I'll be fine eventually.

So, I choose to say, "I'll be fine."

And Sydnie sighs on the other side. "Okay."