face 7

"finally." hoseok exclaimed, trudging through the door, lazily shutting it behind him. slipping his shoes off, he let out a loud sigh, a hand running through his hair that was wet with sweat.

stretching his back, puffing his chest out, he let out a low groan,sighing when he heard a crack. two days in the studio, practicing nonstop, only sitting down for a snack or water took a lot from him. realizing he was at his brink and was craving for the comfort of their own dorm, he left the company building alone, expecting the others to be back in the dorm..

looking around, he tilted his head when he saw the decorative lights at each corner of the living room still open yet he saw no sign of any living being.

looking down at the shoe rack beside his feet, only his and what he suspects to be seokjin's shoes were there.

"so no one has come home yet.." he muttered under his breath, walking to the living room, setting down his back pack on the couch, slipping off the sunglasses he wore. he turned to his left to eye the digital clock just above the television.

2.36 am it read.

hoseok breathed out soundly, turning to see another light source from the kitchen. narrowing his eyes, he could make out a figure behind the kitchen bar that separated the kitchen from the living room.

stepping forward, he saw seokjin sitting at head of the dining table, his head down, his shoulders folded under him. his hair was not neat but can be called decent. hoseok suspected the older was sleeping from not moving at all. his hyung was a light sleeper after all.

but that wasn't the scene that caught the dancer's attention. what was sitting in front of his hyung were plates filled with a variety of food that were still looked slightly warm. a simple meal for seven were laid out on several plates, ranging from kimchi they had stored a few days ago to bite sized, chopped pork steaks sat at the center.

hoseok eyed the sight in awe, gasping lowly. he didn't know what his hyung's intentions were but he hated to admit it, he was glad there was home made food he can consume after all those preservative-rich food he had eaten.

he was confused. really confused. why did his hyung do this? he knew more than to make them a meal knowing they would be gone for a while.

did they mention they'll be gone for more than a day?

hoseok can't recall.

he looked around and saw the kitchen counters clean, no traces of dishes or trash anywhere. he did recall seeing the furniture moved from their original place to a new layout. the normally messy shoes at the door step were no longer there as well.

hoseok tilted his head, turning back to his hyung. "so this was how hyung spent the entire day alone huh." he whispered, leaning forwards slowly, hovering over the black fluff of hair before placing his lips on it for a short peck.

he had to admit, he felt guilty for leaving his hyung for no reason. they all did actually. going to the company despite being on break, doing things to distract themselves. hoseok felt like he was selfish for leaving the eldest alone just to satisfy his own cravings of standing in front of a mirror and moving his body.

judging from what their dorm looked like, seokjin must've been cleaning the entire time they were away. maybe. who knew.

hoseok had never seen the dorm this clean. nor had he seen his hyung actually become productive in a long time.

yes, he cooked them all food when there was time. but he never does it anymore. ever since a certain day that was similar to a snap thanos could've caused. it was like, the seokjin hyung they grew up knowing disappeared and reappeared.

it didn't make sense at all.

hoseok placed a hand on seokjin's oddly stiff shoulder. he shook the older's body.

"hyung, wake up." he whispered to the elder. it was two in the morninh but that won't stop him from sparring his hyung from back pain.

the older didn't budge. hoseok shook his shoulder once more. "hyung, you need to move to your room. you're too heavy for me to carry." he said.

seokjin didn't move.

hoseok got worried by the second and was forced to shake his hyung more.

"hyung, wake up for a bit. atleast help me bring you to the couch." he whispered lowly, careful to not surprise the older. he couldn't help but  worry started itching, his eye brows furrowing.

seokjin was a light sleeper. so why wasn't he waking up.

hoseok shook the singer's body, calling his name repeatedly, still to no avail.

"hyung, i am not joking, wake up." hoseok was surprised on how serious he was, but that was not his problem right now.

at this moment, the atmosphere in the room turned colder. he didn't understand a thing. his hyung's drastic change and then suddenly this?

"seokjin hyung, please." hoseok was begging, his knees now on the floor, arms wrapped around his brother's shoulders, shaking him. he had never felt so helpless. "hyung, wake up."

he can't believe what was happening. there was only one reason he could think of on why his hyung won't wake up and he wasn't going to accept that nor was he going there. no way.

"jin hyung, please! fuck, why aren't you waking up?" he bellowed, tears at the corners of his eyes, that one logical reason slowly getting into him.

he was holding his tears desperately, refusing to believe or succumb to the conclusion he'll soon know. he didn't want to tear just yet. the only tears he'll be shedding are tears of joy and relief. hopefully.

he didn't want to check whether his guess was true or not. he was scared because most likely, it must be true.

he wasn't sure if he was ready to know the truth.

with shaky hands, he brought his two fingers, the index and the middle, to the side of the older's neck, just below his jawline.

at this point, a hand was over his mouth and the tears that were at the corners of his eyes were rolling down his cheeks.