Request 2 - Its a love-hate thing.

Part two of request one is in the works, I'm just constantly flipping between chapters.

Requested by the creatively named @AntsOnMyEyes

"Could you do an X Reader from the 20s to 50s who has a love-hate relationship with Alastor, cause he tried to kill her but she put up a fight and almost got away?"
...

(Your POV)
Ah, the Roaring 20s. America was surely doing well, you decided.
Skipping along the cracked, dusty backroad to the jazz club you worked at, you wandered along the path. It was always fun back here, always new things to see. Always new nooks and crannies to discover. An adventurer you truly were!

Adjusting your skin-tight dress, you admired the way the dazzling tassels swung and glittered in the pale moonlight, giving off a whitish glow to surround you, charming any devilish man that crossed your path.

Shimmying a bit, you clicked your way up the back stairs and prepared your vocal chords with the song you'd practiced for tonight at the local jazz club.

I can't give you anything but love. A classic.

Running over the lyrics in your head, you were sure it would absolutely wow the crowd. It had to! You were confident in your silky voice, as well as your fabulous outfit of choice (And the men would take interest, you knew).

Backstage you waited, peeking through the velvet curtains to spot a lovely gentlen with slicked hair in the first row, leaning back with a causal ease. He looked expectant, ready for a show.

Oh I'll give him a show! You determinedly thought, adjusting the thin tassels so they weren't tangled and knotty.
The fair man caught your eyes, winking with one eye. The peculiar thing was his eyes, you decided. They were wide open and bright, full of a morbid energy. He wore a fitted vest, accompanied with a burgundy cane and lovely oval monocle. You clapped your hands, rubbing them together and winked back, fluttering your eyelashes in a seductive way.

You would have your way with this one for sure.

The stage-manager shoved you onto the stage as the curtains opened, and the sliver of light grew and grew. Eventually giving away to you, and a hush fell over the crowd as you grabbed the mic.

You breathed a sigh, calming your nerves and sparing a glance at the man sitting in front of you as the piano started up.

"I can't give you anything but love, baby..."

"The only thing I've plenty of, baby..."

You puckered your lips and blew a kiss to the crowd.
Man, do I love my job!

"Dream awhile, Scheme awhile. We're sure to find..."

You continued on with the prepared, mind drifting on auto-pilot for a good few minutes as the song drifted through the tense atmosphere, everything doused in a dim, jewel blue light. It was practically magical...

After a while, your gaze slid over to the must man to see how he was enjoying your show so far. The cold lamb that sat in front of him was hot and fresh, although hardly touched.

He was too busy watching you.
In return to his intent stare, you winked once more and stepped over delicately to him, a faint whistle echoing though the club. He leaned forward as you bent to stroke his cheek. He, however, had something else planned.

Reaching out a hand, he maneuvered around the mic and tilted your chin up with a gloved finger, turning your head from side to side in an almost inspective manner, like he was either sizing you up, or planning to do something with you.