The Flame

We finish up breakfast and we head back to the bus. I am walking in between Ashley and Sam. And we are discussing Warped.

Ashley: I think that shit will go smoothly if we do not have the bass amp get blown out again. What was that about?

Madison: That was from someone using the incorrect chord. It worked at first and then it did not recognize the hook up and it blew the fuse. You must always have the correct fuse when you use chords. That kind of stuff done over and over could cause the instrument to short circuit and lose all power. Basically get overheated. And the instrument is useless. There is a reset button on some models of amps. And we were lucky that your bass player got one with a reset button. If he had not, we would have had to get a whole new amp.

Ashley: FUCK! How did you learn all this information?

Madison: School. I went to school and learned all the ins and outs of this shit. That is why I got the job I have now. I took two years to get one major and another two years to get my masters. And I was not the top of the class, but I did what I had to do to graduate. I am thinking of going back to further my career and get a degree in record engineering. But! That is so much more complex. I think I did my time doing what I did. Besides, I worked with Hinder last year and that band put me through the fucking ringer. I was constantly sobering up Austin. That guy loved his liquor. He finally stopped when he meant and fell head over heals for his now fiancé Courtney. She is a friend of mine from college and she went out on tour with me to keep my sanity. She meant him and they had chemistry and he has been sober ever since.

Craig and Matt came up and pulled me up with them. They wanted to talk about CC's introduction. " Its very dramatic. But we need to make it better. Have more energy. How would it be if we introduced pyrotechnics?" "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......................That would work?? If we do this on Warped, we would pull it off. I just do not want anything happening to my boys. We could use them to OH HOLY FUCK! GUYS! I GOT IT! COME WITH ME BACK TO THE BUS!

**************************************************************************************

I sat down with a sketchpad and colored markers and pencils.

"Here is CC's drum kit." I drew a grey sketch of it.

"We could install some on either side of him. Just two. And they would be the ONLY thing that would flash up." I said as I sketched them with orange markers.

"We would have the guys be still as statues when the lights come up. They would be wearing all grey. Makeup would be done like a statue. The visual affect will be epic. I think that they stay put and Andy starts with the introduction of Perfect weapon and then that when strobes hit and lazers of black and blue and purple start going here and there." I say as I draw this all out.

I show Craig and Matt that and see what they think. "This would be for Warped?" Craig asked.

"Yup! We would have costumes designed just for them to be grey and look like stone. Think of Ghost Movie by Micheal Jackson. They would be in sexy as fuck costumes. They would have buckles here and there. Tight grey and silver material."

" I dunno about that costume thing Maddie?" Matt says. " How about we have them come up on the elevators we have?" "Elevators?"

I smack him across the back of the head. " U are such a fucking dipshit! We could so use those for Warped! And here is my thought on that! CC starts kicking like he does and we install those flames. And we have those go off. We have the guys get on their platforms and the fog starts up. We have lights shine UP from the bottom. We have fog gently come up around the stage. We have what is called a shadow effect on the guys. And we have them stay still. Andrew will be in position to scream to get enough air for that. And once he hits that first note the spot light hits him and then the lights go bright and the concert begins. We have strobes flashing as he screams and gets the crowd pumped. We have to get this ran my Greg first. Send him a digital computer video of this Matt and he will give us the go to get this done. We would just need to use the flames that we have on hand though. I doubt we would be able to buy new ones?" I ramble on about.