Moving

Moving day....the worst part of my life. Mom and I have been moving to different states for months ever since she heard about attacks done by animals near the neighborhood we live in. I just wanted to move to another city, but there were more attacks coming from over there. We've practically covered the whole United States except for Hawaii, California, and Massachusetts. Anyways, Oklahoma's only a few hours away from where I used to live. We're almost there, in Oklahoma City, just 30 minutes away from our new house. Normally we would've started in an apartment, but my mom is claustrophobic.

Well, we're here, at the new house. It's not that bad....as long as it has a yard. "Jana? Jana, come look at the view from the back porch!" Mom calls. I yell "Ok" as I run downstairs and sniff out my mom. Since I'm in a new place, I have to find my way around, and I don't feel like getting lost. I find my mother placing her gardening tools on a short dining table. "It's beautiful. I'm so glad we have a bigger yard than the last 3 million houses," I say, placing the shovel neatly on the table. Mom sets down her gloves and moves my side bang out of my face. "Sweetheart, until these animal attacks stop, we won't stop moving. I don't want another wolf attack like what happened to you--" "SIX YEARS AGO, MOM! Six! You have to let that go!" I interrupt. Mom looks at me shocked; I've never raised my voice at her. " I'm sorry I yelled," I say. Mom says nothing for a few seconds. Finally, she opens her mouth and gazes into my eyes. "Your eyes...I thought they were dark blue, not hazel. Jana, sweetie, I told you not to get contacts."

"Oh um, yeah, it's just the sun reflecting my eyes I guess," I lie, knowing that when the sun reflects my eyes, they turn light green. "Sure," mom says, unconvinced. I walk down the porch steps and tell my mom I'm going for a walk across the neighborhood. "Don't be long! It's almost 9:00 and you have school tomorrow!" My mom calls. I wave my hand behind me and run down the street. The neighborhood is full of children playing, so there was no way I could transform. I walk behind someone's house and finally transform into a beautiful white wolf. I trot around the backyard, and stop in mid-step. I sniff around, and see a family of birds. Chasing them around, I finally catch who seems to be the mother. Suddenly, I hear voices coming from the back porch of the house. "I swear, mother! I heard footsteps back here!" A girl says.

I try to transform back, but my wolf inside me disagrees. Finally, as I am halfway through transforming into a human again, the girl spots me behind a bush. She just stares at me, and finally says, "Mother! Call the cops!"