Diner

Camila's POV

I'm just at home watching some cartoons with my sister when my phone rings. I look at it and see that it's Dinah.

"Hello?" I speak up.

"Mila, hi!" Dinah chirps.

"What's up Dinah?" I ask with a smile.

"Nothing much, hey you busy?" She asks.

"No, just watching TV with my little sister, why?" I ask curiously.

"Well can you meet me at Alter?" She asks hopefully.

"Sure I'll go as fast as I can," I say.

"K bye," Dinah says.

"Bye," I smile and hang up. "Papa!" I call going upstairs and into my parents room.

"Yes Mila?" He asks.

"Can you take me to Alter, you know the diner," I smile hopefully. 

"Sure, for?" My dad asks as he sits up.

"Going to meet some friends," I chirp.

"You already have friends!" My mom chirps with a big smile.

"Yes mama!" I smile.

"We love you" My mom says, getting her attention back to the movie.

"I love you too, both of you," I kiss her cheek.

"Let's go" My dad comes back into the room and I smile.

"Bye mama, Sofia is downstairs," I inform.

"Tell her to come up," My mom directs.

"Okay," I nod. Me and my dad walk downstairs to the front door. We pass Sofia on the way there so I look over to her. "Shorty go upstairs with mom," I direct.

"Why?" She whines with a smile.

"Just go before I tickle you," My dad says making her laugh. My dad runs to her and she squeals running upstairs making me laugh.

Once we arrive there I say bye to my dad and get out. I walk in and see Dinah waving me over. "Hi guys!" I chirp.

"Hey Mila!" They greet back.

"Make space you dumb butt," I hear. I look up and see Lauren. "Hey Lo," I smile.

"Hi Camz" She smiles as she sits down next to me.

"Who are they?" I ask.

"My siblings, Taylor and Chris," Lauren says.

"Hi I'm Camila nice to meet you," I introduce myself.

We sit down and the waiter comes over so we can order food. We are eating and Lauren tells me everything that happens at home. We discuss how we can help her sneak out and I have some great ideas. Once we finish planning we keep eating. I drop my fork and I lean down getting it. I look over at Lauren and wonder how big she can possibly be. I shake my head taking those ideas out of my head. I go back up and lost my total appetite. I lean my head on Lauren's shoulder and she looks at me.

"You good?" She asks laughing.

"Yeah just full," I wave it off and she smiles at me.

"Okay Camz," Lauren says.

"Awwww now isn't this cute," Dinah gushes.

"Shut up," I shush her. "I wish we can have a sleepover," I whisper. "All of us," I explain better.

"Well with Lauren's dad we can't do shit," Dinah groans.

"I know," I said sadly.

"And I can't leave them there," Lauren directs towards her siblings. "I'm not risking it," She finishes.

"Your so protective over them, I love it," I smile.

"Their my everything," Lauren mumbles and smiles over at her siblings. "The only family I have left," Lauren nods and I see a color change in her eyes.

That's what first caught my attention about Lauren. How her eyes change colors coordinated to her mood. They usually carry this dull, grayish color showing her sadness. Lauren looks at me and yet once again her eye color changes. When ever she looks at me I feel lost in her eyes, like I'm in a different planet. Her eyes take me out of orbit and I can't help my self. When Lauren looks at me her eye color always changes to this bright green color filled with happiness.

"Camz," I hear her voice break my thoughts. "Yeah?" I look at her.

"Come on let's go," Lauren stands up and I see everyone get up as well. "I'll drop you home," Lauren says making me smile. We arrive at my house and Lauren puts her car on park.

"I'll see you tomorrow," She said with a smile plastered on her lips.

"See you," I bite my lower lip. "Hope I can see you both again," I direct towards her siblings and I wave goodbye at them. "Bye Lo," I look at the green-eyed girl and kiss her on the cheek making her blush.

"Don't say it," Lauren says firmly making me laugh.

"I won't chill," I say making her laugh.

"Praying nothing goes bad back at home Lo," I pray her.

"Thanks Camz," Lauren smiles blowing me a kiss.

I wink at her and walk inside my house. I go upstairs with the biggest smile on my face. I get ready for bed and turn the bedside lamp off. I lay down and fall asleep with a smile on my face.