Chapter 10

BEFORE I BEGIN I JUST WANT TO SAY THERE WILL BE A PART IN THIS WHERE YOU'LL PROBABLY SAY "what the heck this is so random" BUT MY FRIEND WANTED A PART IN THE STORY SO I GAVE HIM ONE... THIS WAS ALL HIS IDEA OK THANKS

_________________________________________________________________________

{Carters POV}

Don't get me wrong, I love food. Maybe even more than most people. But I cannot stand breakfast food. I don't know what it is about it but I could never get myself to like breakfast food. So, I did the very logical thing of going to the ice cream store in the hotel for breakfast. And yes, surprisingly, it was open.

Luckily, I wasn' the only one who had the genius idea of ice cream for breakfast. Once I got there, I saw the girl I met yesterday, Ashley. I knew that I liked something about her.

As I walked into the ice cream store, I noticed that she was at the counter, getting ready to pay. I ran over next to her and pulled out my money before she could. I handed the cashier a crisp 5 dollar bill.

"Keep the change." I told him as Ashley looked at me like I was some kind of psychopath. "What?" I laughed at her reaction.

She shook her head quickly, as if she was trying to snap out of whatever daze she was in. "Oh, what? Uh... Hi?"

I laughed at her again but I was also a little confused. Why was she so shocked by me paying for her ice cream?

"Sorry!" She said, grabbing her ice cream from the counter and walking away from me, out of the store, towards the elevator. I couldn't let her get away that easily.

"Ashley, wait up!" I screamed, warning some strange looks from the people in the lobby. But I didn't care. I ran as fast as my legs could possibly take me to catch her before she got on the elevator.

She turned around and looked at me, worry in her eyes. "W-What?" She stuttered.

I took a deep breath. "Do you want to come to this even I'm appearing at?" I asked her, hoping she would say yes,

But never get your hopes up too high.

"I...uh... is this a trap?" She asked with wide eyes. "Did they send you?"

"Did who send me?" Now, I was completely confused at this point. I really didn't know what to say.

"Or even worse! You're one of them! Oh no, what have I gotten myself into?" She put her hands on her head and frantically started pacing back and forth.

I might've been even a little more confused than her. I'm one of what? Is something wrong? Did I mess something up?

"Hey! Hey! It's okay! I'm not going to hurt you!" I grabbed her hands and held them tightly. I looked her in the eyes. "Everything's going to be alright."

She took a really deep breath and finally looked up at me. I could see the panic in her eyes but I tried not to point it out.

"I'm sorry..." She mumled, blowing her bangs out of her face. "Sometimes they just get to me and I can't control it." Her laugh trailed off.

I'm not entirely sure who she meant by 'they,' but now probably wasn't the best time to ask that. I just let her take her time to breathe and calm down.

"Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to come to this event I'm appearing at?" I asked her once more.

"You mean Magcon?" She asked me.

I laughed. "So you HAVE heard of it before? I thought I could surprise you!"

"Oh! Well that was the whole reason my friends and I came here!" She said. "Kayla is, like, obsessed with Gilinsky and Rachel's in love with Matt!"