Chapter 5

I FINALLY UPDATED IM SCREAMING

SORRY IVE BEEN REALLY BUSY LATELY CUZ SCHOOLS OUT NOW AND IVE BEEN AT CAMP AND THEN ON VACATION AND ITS JUST ALL UGH I NEVER HAD TIME TO DO ANYTHING

BUT IM BACK HOME NOW SO HERE IS CHAPTER 5. HOPE YOU ENJOY!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Erins POV

Currently, I was packing my suitcase for Magcon! I was so excited that Aaron was taking me, but honestly I was a little bit scared. Over the last couple of months, I had been in and out of the hospital for thyroid orignially but with an impressive and long-settled satellite colony in my lungs. I'm doing okay, if you're asking. Just let me tell you now, cancer sucks.

Everybody thinks that I'm depressed. And every doctor I go to, every pamphlet I read, and every website I read lists depression among the side effects of cancer. But, in fact, depression is not a side effect of cancer. It's a side effect of dying.

And right now, I'm dying.

But I tried to put that aside for right now because my doctors are actually allowing me to go on this tour with Aaron but it took a lot of convincing because anything could happen on this trip. I just have to promise not to do anything too risky on this trip. This is going to be hard.

I heard my phone buzz on my bedside table. I stopped packing and walked over to my phone, picking it up and reading the message from Aaron.

Todays the day! Are you sure you're going to be okay?

I smiled. I love how Aaron is always one step ahead of me as far as my cancer goes. He always makes sure that I have everything I need, meaning medicine and my oxygen tank and everything. I could not have asked for a better best friend.

I'm going to be fine! I'm cleared and I packed everything I needed first. Thanks for checking up on me though.

I put my phone back down on my table and went back to my suitcase, continuing to pack. I stopped suddenly though. Did I remember everything?

I went to the other side of my bed and opened my other suitcase with all my medicine in it. I pointed at everything and was crossing of a mental checklist in my head.

Good. I remembered everything.

I heard my phone buzz again and ran to my table. Aaron again.

Always! I love you, Erin. I gotta make sure you're fine, okay?

I smiled, again. That's a normal thing when I'm talking to him.

Okay.

I finally finished packing and zipped up my suitcase. I put it on the ground and was rolling it out of my room when I stopped at the mirror to check myself one last time. I smoothed out my green dress and pulled on my jean jacket. Perfect.

I got to the stairs and was trying to come up with an amazing idea to lug all this down. Two suitcases and my oxygen tank. Wow, I did NOT think this thing through.

"ERIN! ERIN I"M HERE- oh hey!" I see the front door opening and someone coming in. It was just Aaron.

We've been best friends for such a long time now, we think it's weird to knock on each others doors. So, we just walk on in which is exactly what he just did. I used to get so scared, the door just opening really fast and someone barging in but I got used to it.

He saw me struggling on the stairs and came to help me out. He took both my suitcases and I just took my oxygen tank. That helped a lot.

"Thanks Aaron!' I yelled as he went out the door with my suitcases.