A Dream from the Past

<<< <<< <<< Jay's Flashback

I eyed the buff man dressed in all back attire standing beside my father and wondered what important information he had.  

            “Son, I need you to do me a favor for the company,”  he gestured, “something to do with a new student enrolling at your high school this year.” He picked up the green apple resting among his large, boring political novels and tossed it between his hands.  “Her name is Elizabeth Garner, and she is one of them.  One that can only do good, or what they believe is fair.  She manipulates people into thinking they’re choosing the right decision, keeping people from making mistakes and learning how to move on with life in the best manner.  This cannot go on for much longer or else she will completely be in control of your school along with her parents, who do the same work out in the rest of the world.

            “They manipulate the future and predict the fair path, but do they really always make the correct decisions for others? The good manipulators think their powers are always for the better of the people, but they seem to forget the freedom of choice humans were granted.” I was slowly beginning to connect the dots.  “You see as we choose to make the wrong decisions, we are actually given the choice of learning from our mistakes, instead of having the right decisions forced upon us.  We, as the bad side of manipulation, give the people the gift of a life full of mischief and adventure from their bad decisions.  The good manipulators don’t give them anything, they erase their decision memories.  The people are left with nothing and continue on a life of boredom and never remembering why they would chose wrong.  Left with a distant regret in their heads and never a full understanding of what motivated them to sin.

            “Since she obviously contains the same powers as you, well yours being a bit more aimed for evil, it won’t be possible for you to try and manipulate her into undoing her own powers.  But there are alternatives to this situation.” he elaborated, and I knew exactly what he meant.

            “So, you basically want me to make her fall in love with me, so she can become distracted and dwindle her duties?  Which will lead to a lower rate of good manipulators?” I disclosed.  I paused as a sudden thought flashed across my mind.  “But that’s not all, is it?”

            “Not quite,”  my dad answered.  “You must trap her into coming to me so I can eliminate her powers once and for all.”

            “How are you going to manage that?” I insisted.

            My dad shared me an evil smirk and replied, “My dad once taught me when I was little how to destroy another’s powers.  He taught me a poem he had learned from an old enemy that when recited, sucks the powers from another’s body, forever leaving them weak.  The other’s mind will have been erased of their past usage of manipulation powers and left to scavenge for a real life.  It’s different from the poem you read to your mom–”

            “Dad stop, I know.  And that’s kinda low on the ethical scale if you ask me.”

            “I’m not asking for your opinion, son, I’m telling you what you must do,”  my dad enunciated.  

            “What do I get out of this?” I cross-examined.  

            “You know the consequences if you don’t, but maybe I can add in a small token of my appreciation, after it’s all been dealt with,”  he divulged.

            “What about her parents?” I questioned.

            “Their powers are already running out.  I predict they’ll be gone once Lisa’s powers have been taken away.”

End of Flashback >>> >>> >>>