Heart Monitor

I woke up sometime in the night and noticed that Derek was gone. I figured that he probably went to train Scott, which I wish I could've seen because I bet it would be funny.

I rolled over and went back to sleep. I woke up later on and got ready. As I got ready, I kept thinking about Alexa.

"Stop it Zaira! Alexa wouldn't want you to blame yourself. She would want you to grieve then get up and train so the next time, you can take her killer or killers down." I told myself as I shook my head, headed down stairs, out the door, and to school.

I didn't see any of my friends, so I went to my locker and grabbed my books, and headed to class, which I had with Scott, Stiles, and Callie.

I took a seat behind Callie, who was sitting across from Stiles, and watched as Scott walked in, looked at Stiles and sighed, and took the seat behind Stiles.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked as he leaned up close to Stiles.

Stiles just stayed quiet and I was confused because Scott and Stiles always talk to each other.

Scott sighed before saying, "Can you at least tell me if your dad's ok? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage. Nothing that big." Scott started as Stiles just sat there trying not to talk to him.

Scott shook his head before finishing, "You know I feel really bad about it, right? Ok, What if I told you that I-I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and that I went to Derek for help."

I looked between the two boys and wondered why it would be a bad thing if Derek helped Scott.

Stiles slammed his pencil down and sighed before replying, "If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him, but obliviously I'm not talking to you."

"What's going on with them?" I whispered to Callie as the bell rung.

"The night of the conference, a mountain lion, which Mr. Argent killed, was loose on the parking lot, and Mr. Stilinski was standing behind a car and the car backed up and hit him." Callie explained to me.

I looked down at my notebook with a sad expression because I was so caught up in my own life that I didn't realize that my friends needed me.

Stiles kept trying to decide whether or not if he wanted to turn around, but in the end turned around and asked, "What did he say?"

Scott smiled real big before explaining everything that Derek said to Stiles.

At the end of class, Callie and I followed Scott and Stiles and listened to their conversation.

"What? He wants you to type into your animal side and get angry." Stiles said.

"Yeah." Scott answered as he straightened the strap on his backpack.

"Alright, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually me." Stiles said as he waved his arms around.

"I know. That's what he means when he says that he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it." Scott said back.

I just shook my head and kept quiet because I knew I would know more than Stiles later, and I couldn't get last night out of my head.

"Well, how's he going to teach you to do that?" Stiles asked as he looked over at Scott.

"I don't know. I don't think he does either." Scott replied.

"Ok. When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asked.

"He told me not to talk about it just act normal and get through the day..." Scott was saying before Stiles stopped him and asked, "When?"