Formality

Kate smirked as Ryder dragged me across the room and chained me to the wall before she went over to this table that held some type of machine. She turned a dial and Derek screamed as he got electrocuted.

I turned my head as tears fell down my face.

"What are you doing to him? Is that gonna kill him?" Allison asked.

"Oh, come on, kiddo. Don't get all ethical on me now." Kate said back.

I squeezed my eyes shut as Derek screamed again.

"What is he?" Allison asked.

"Shape-shifter. Lycan. Werewolf. To me, he's just another dumb animal." Kate said with a laugh as she electrocuted Derek again.

Ryder forced me to look at Derek and when I did, I had to bite my lip to keep myself from crying.

"Come here. See these right here? These are canines, also known as fangs. Made for the tearing and rending of flesh. Not something you'd find on those cute little leaf-eating herbivores, is it?" Kate said as Allison walked closer to her and Derek.

"This is a joke to you?" Allison asked as she gave Kate a look.

"Sweetheart, there are werewolves running around in the world. Everything's a joke to me. How else do you think I stay sane?" Kate said as I rolled my eyes.

"So, it was him at the high school and all the other animal attacks?" Allison asked.

"There's actually three of them. Another younger one like him called the Beta, and then there's the Alpha. Alpha's the pack leader. Bigger, stronger, nastier. Those are the real ugly mother..." Kate said as she led Allison out of the room.

"I guess this is good-bye sweetheart. I'll see you soon." Ryder said as he lifted up my head, forced his lips onto mine, and walked out after Kate and Allison.

"Derek, are you ok?" I whispered as I looked over to him.

"I'll be fine when we get out of here." Derek replied.

I giggled and I swear I saw a smile grace his lips.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Derek asked as we watched the door.

"No. He didn't." I replied before Kate walked back in.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here." Kate said as she walked over to me.

I glared at her, but that only made her smirk.

"Haven't seen you since forever." Kate asked.

"Like I would want to see you after what you did." I spat before Kate slapped me.

"Is this your new toy Derek? She's cute, I guess, but she's not your type." Kate said with a laugh.

Derek didn't say a word, but I did. "Oh, so, you're his type. Some crazy bitch that kills innocent people."

Kate turned around and slapped me hard before replying, "I would watch your mouth sweetie before you get hurt."

Kate walked over to the table and started looking through Derek's stuff while saying, "Come on, Derek. He killed your sister. Now, either you're not telling me because, well, you want to kill him yourself, or, for some reason, you're protecting him."

I watched as Kate took money from Derek's wallet and put it in her pocket, and then she took out Derek's license and walked over to him.

Kate chuckled while saying, "Look at that sour face. I bet you always used to get people coming up to you saying, "Smile, Derek. Why don't you smile more?" Don't you just want to kick those people in the face?"