Wolf's Bane

Hey guys! :) Here's the next chapter. Please don't forget to Vote. Fan. Comment. :)

______________________________________________________________________________

"I know this is probably a stupid question, but why are you driving Derek's car?" I asked as I looked at Scott.

"It's a long story, but Derek is going after the Alpha, and we're driving his car to keep the hunters busy." Scott replied as he pressed on the gas pedal.

I looked behind us and noticed that a Tahoe was following us, and I guessed that either Kate or Chris was driving, but it was most likely Kate because when we sped up, so did the Tahoe.

"That bitch needs to get a life." I mumbled to myself as I turned back around.

Stiles glanced back at me, but said nothing. They had no idea what she put me through. I didn't tell Alexa the whole story and I don't think that Derek knows either. You see, Kate knew that Derek had a best friend and did everything she could to tear our friendship apart, which worked by the way, till she killed his family. She hated the fact that when it came down to it, Derek would choose me over her, and she knew he would, so she made up lies, and he believed them. The only one who knew what was going on was Laura.

I shook my head and noticed that we were heading into the ironworks. I held on for dear life, and watched as Stiles jumped in the backseat with me, and Scott threw open the door, so Derek could get in. Derek dove into the car and Scott sped off as shots hit the car from Chris shooting at us.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?!" Scott yelled at Derek as he drove off.

"Damn it! I had him!" Derek yelled as he hit the dashboard.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asked.

"Yes! He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up." Derek said angrily.

I felt bad for him because he's being blamed for something he didn't do, and he's being hunted by the Argent's. This can't get any worse.

"Oh, hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles said as Derek gave him a look.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek said as he looked over at Scott.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott argued back.

Before I could say anything, Stiles said, "All right. How did you find him?"

Derek kept his mouth shut and turned his head to look at the window.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, both of us. Or just him. I'll be back here." Stiles said as he shrank back into the backseat.

I giggled and Stiles gave me a look. I smiled innocently and listened to what Derek was telling Scott.

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris." Derek started before Stiles interrupted him by asking, "Our chemistry teacher?"

"Why him?" Scott asked.

"I don't know yet." Derek replied.

"What's the second?" Scott asked.

"Some kind of symbol." Derek said as he pulled out a piece of paper with some type of picture on it.

Scott groaned and I covered my mouth in shock.