I Know It's Today(Royality)

Ship: Royality

Warning: Erm, I'll get back to you with that...

Summary: Songfic to I Know It's Today from Shrek the Musical

Au: Prince!Patton, Prince!Roman, Dragon!Virgil, Steed!Logan

Words: 936

A little boy ran across his small room to a book shelf. His pale honey blond hair was ruffled and untamed as he grabbed a book. "Settle in boys, it's story time!" Patton giggled, plopping down between a dragon, named Virgil, and some stuffed toys. The dragon was dark purple and black. He looked at him and tilted his heads. 

"There's a princess, in a tower , Oh my gosh, that's just like me!" He hummed as he read, a big smile on his lips. "Poor Rapunzel, needs a haircut, but the witch won't set her free. She passes time by singing-"

"Like someone else I know." The purple dragon mused, causing them to laugh shortly.

"As years go by she sits and waits, as years go by? Uh oh." Patton flinched. "A torturous existence? I don't remember this part! She wishes she were dead? Skip ahead! Skip ahead!" Patton looked at the book and quickly skipped multiple pages, sighing when he found a happier part. "But in the end Rapunzel finds a millionaire, the prince is good at climbing, and braiding golden hair!"

Patton pushed himself up and smiled at the pictures spinning over to look at the window. "So I know, he'll appear." He said with a soft voice. The dragon hid a mournful look. "Cause there are rules and there are strictures. I believe the storybooks I read by candlelight! My white knight, and his steed, will look just like these pictures! It won't be long now, I guarantee!" Patton made a mark on the wall and smiled brightly. "Day number: Twenty three."

"I know it's today." Virgil nudged his shoulder with his head.

"I know it's today!" Patton nodded bright.

~~~~Years Later~~~~

"Oh here's a good one! It's a classic!" Patton sighed happily, sitting on his bed next to Virgil. He leaned against the Dragon and started reading. "There's a princess, in a coma."

"Glad its her instead of me." The dragon rolled his eyes, getting a giggle.

"Pretty maiden, in a glass box-" Patton started again but was cut off.

"How I wonder does she pee?" Virgil tilted his snorting when he was shoved by the young prince.

Patton smiled, and continued reading, but with a small frown. "Blah blah blah, poison apple. Boring boring, evil queen. Filler filler, been there, read that! Seven shorties on the scene."

"Skip ahead, skip ahead!" The dragon flicked his tail.

Patton shook his head, exasperated and tossed the book away. "But in the end the princess wakes up with a start. The prince is good at kissing," He blushed softly. "And melting Snow White's heart!" He stood up and faced Virgil with a smile. "So I know, he'll appear, and his armor will be blinding! As shining as his perfect teeth, and manly hose.  He'll propose, on one knee, and our pre-nup will be binding! About time we set the wedding date!" He walked over to a tally marked wall, and added another tally. "Day number: nine hundred and fifty eight."

Virgil offered a small smile. "I know it's today." He said softly.

Patton nodded with a hopeful look. "He'll show up today!"

~~~~More Years Pass~~~~

Patton frustratingly stormed to the window where Virgil was perked, the horse sized dragon frowned softly. "There's a princess! Any princess! Take your pick, they're all like me!" Patton huffed like he was about to throw a tantrum. "Not exactly, I'm still waiting! They're out living happily! Ever after better get here, I want love in seconds flat!" He snapped and grabbed a open book, frowning at the papers as tears built up behind his glasses. "No one needs these middle bits-" He flinched when he ripped a page, but he didn't feel guilty. "Oops, did I do that?"

Patton bit his lip and looked at the torn pages. "Cut the villains, rip cut the vamping, rip cut this fairy tale, rip cut the peril and the pitfalls, rip cut the puppet and the whale!" He smiled as he ripped the pages out, glancing at the dragon and saw a mirrored smile. "Cut the monsters! rip Cut the curses! rip Keep the intro! Cut the verses! rip And the waiting! The waiting! The waiting! The waiting! rip rip rip rip The waiting!" Patton gasped out and threw the book to the floor.

He walked over to the window and slumped next to his only friend, frowning. "But I know, he'll appear," he said, almost desperately. "Though I seem a bit bipolar," He glanced at the torn book. "And I'm a vandal now as well, hope he won't mind. I'm a find, I'm a catch."

"And a very gifted bowler!" Virgil added, getting petted on his head. "It won't be long now, I guarantee!"

"Day number-" Patton looked at the tallies and looked up at the sky. "Are you there god? It's me Patton!" He sniffled, wiping his eyes.

Virgil looked out with a frown before seeing something and smiling. "Now I know, he'll appear. Cause there are rules and there are strictures. I believe the storybooks you read by candlelight!" Virgil grinned at him and nudged Patton to look outside. "Your white knight. Your knight and his steed, will look just like those pictures! It won't be long now, I guarantee!"

Patton furrowed his brows, as Virgil hated those stories. He looked outside where the dragon was urging him to and breathed a gasp. At the bottom of the tower was a prince! He was tall with glowing blonde hair. He was dressed in white, gold, and red clothes, sitting upon a black and white steed. He looked up to the window, and their eyes met. 

"Day number eight thousand, four hundred and, twenty three..." He muttered, gazing down at him.

To Be Continued..?

A/N So, what do you think? I honestly love this musical so much you have no Idea!