i. the dawn treader

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑

     It had been two weeks since Caspian, Reagan and the whole crew had embarked the Dawn Treader in a try of finding the Seven lost Lords of Telmar, but they had not had any luck yet and Reagan was desperate, she really wanted to go back to the castle.

     The life on deck was not as sweet as it seemed from the outside. One would imagine that the constant swinging of the ship along the calming sounds of the sea would make a perfect life but reality was far from that.

     The swinging made Reagan dizzy and the sounds of the sea could hardly be heard due to the crew's constant yelling and -awful- singing. Besides, she was bored to death because there was not much to do. Caspian was not letting her help with the plans that much and the only thing she could do was write on her notebook or study the books Caspian had brought for her.

     One in particular had caught the girl's eye back at the castle: Narnia's Golden Age. She had read that book many times before (she knew it from cover to cover), she loved reading about her friends and about how Narnia used to be. That was the Narnia she wanted to accomplish, and she was trying her hardest with what she was given. But even her favourite book bored her at that point.

     She was on her bed, looking at the ceiling, like she had been doing the last two hours. Imagining that her friends were there once more, Peter, Susan, Lucy... Edmund. Outside of her room, the crew was yelling, singing and having fun. Why was not the girl with them? They did not accept her that much. It is common knowledge that a girl on board is bad luck, so everybody felt uncomfortable around her and she could feel it, even though he was the princess. Not wanting to make anyone feel uneasy, she retreated to her room and stayed there.

     Nothing ever happened.

     And just like if Aslan had heard her prayers, the crew started yelling but a different kind of yell.It was not an amused one but rather rushed and worried. The voices mixing with each other, making it impossible to know what they were saying. Excited for some adventure, Reagan got out of her room and stepped into the balcony, only to see what she desired the most.