xiii. aslan's country

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐘

     "Edmund! Caspian!" Lucy yelled, trying to get their attention as she kneeled besides Reagan's body. She was still breathing, but it was becoming heavier and heavier, just like the blood flowing from her arm.

     "Reagan!" both boys exclaimed at the same time, running towards them. Lucy left them for a second so she could get her vial, but her hands were shaking and it nearly fell to the ground. Edmund had taken her right hand, kicking the sword away from her body.

     Two tears fell from his eyes.

     "I shouldn't have left her to fight that stupid monster," he lamented. Caspian put his arm around the boy, trying to comfort him by saying that nobody had seen her do it, so no one could have prevented it from happening.

     Lucy appeared shortly after and let a drop of her vial fall into Reagan's mouth, while the captain was binding up her arm. All the crew had approached them and they were holding their breaths, praying for the princess to wake up.

     It was only minutes after that she opened her eyes, making everyone smile in relief. Caspian and Lucy were the first to hug her, leaving Edmund for the last so he could have more time.

     "What happened?" she asked, taking a look at her arm.

     "You decided to play hero again," Edmund chuckled beside her, still crying.

     The conversation got cut when they realized that they were no longer surrounded by darkness, but that a bright light filled the air. It seemed like ages since they had last seen the sun. All Narnians started cheering, happy to be able to return home to their families. Suddenly, boats filled with people started to appear from the fog, as if it was magic. 

     Gael's mother was in one of those boats, making her and Rhince jump into the water and swim quickly towards her. Lucy helped Reagan up and both siblings, Caspian and her melted into a hug, looking proudly at the little girl hugging her mother. They could not help but shed tears of joy while Caspian ordered for the crew to get all of them on board.

     "We did it," Lucy smiled, "I knew we would, of course. But it's still rewarding."

     "Wasn't just us though," Edmund pointed out, gripping Reagan's hand tighter.

     "You mean..." Caspian started, but he could not finish his sentence because they heard a familiar voice calling for them from the water.

     "Eustace!" exclaimed the princess, laughing from happiness at the sight of the boy. Who would have thought that they would miss that angry blond boy that came the first day yelling that he was going to sue all of them?

     "I'm a boy again!" he yelled, also smiling. 

     "Eustace!" Reep exclaimed, standing on the edge of the ship and just before jumping into the water to hug his friend, "I see your wings have been clipped!"

     "I can't believe that we missed him," spoke Edmund making everyone laugh. But their laughter stopped suddenly as their gazes fixated into the horizon, where flowers appeared to float on the water.

     "It's Aslan's country!" Reagan jumped, making her boyfriend laugh by her.

     "Well, we've come this far.."

     They left the crew on board so they could go get themselves properly cleaned to step into the most magical place on Earth. Just as both girls were finishing tying her dresses, the Pevensie boy knocked on the door, asking to speak to his girlfriend.