8.

Today was the day

Today was the day. It was Prince Shouto Todoroki's birthday. He was no longer an eighteen year old boy, but now a nineteen year old young man. All the servants and maids were rushing around, trying to fix their special prince into a look of perfection, though he already looked the part normally.

From beside him, his personal tailor, Aoyama, smiles up at him, sparkles dancing around him, "What do you think, my prince? Is this attire up to your taste?"

The prince nods his head, "Yes, thank you, Aoyama. This is fine. People surely have begun arriving and it would be best for me to go and greet them."

"Oh, of course, but excuse me, prince!" The tailor calls out to him before he can leave the room, "What do you want to me to with...them?" He hesitantly says as he gestures to the large dragons in the room, all cramped and sniffing around the threads and fabrics of the tailor's room.

"Put them in something nice, like a fancy collar, since the ones they have on don't particularly suit the occasion," Shouto says before leaving, making his way to the ballroom where the celebration was being held.

"Umm, okay?" He turns to the dragons, "I have some gold collars for you guys," Aoyama speaks, the dragons not paying him any mind, "Uh, d-dragons!" He effectively gains their attention, but the beady eyes of the overgrown lizards has him sweating nervously on the spot.

Oh, why did I ever agree to this job. The blonde glittering man thinks.

______

"Happy birthday, my prince!"

"Happy birthday, Prince Shouto."

"Happy birthday."

Shouto simply nods his head in acknowledgment to everyone who wished him a happy birthday. The ball was filled, and the placed was decorated beautifully. Shouto ran his eyes over the place. Father really did go all out for this. It still baffles me why.

The prince's dual colored eyes scan the room before landing on familiar faces. Letting out a sigh of relief, he makes his way to them.

"Hello, Momo, Iida," he greets kindly, the both of them turning to the prince with a smile.

The princess hugs the young prince with a happy look in her eyes, "Happy birthday, Shouto! You're 19 now!" Her eyes twinkle as she pulls away, "You're getting older, and much closer to taking the throne."

At those words, the prince feels his mood droop a little, since taking the throne wasn't what the prince wanted. But nonetheless, he smiles to her face, "Yes, indeed."

Iida steps up from beside the princess before bowing, "Your highness, I wish you a happy birthday and a long happy life!"

Shouto looks at him as the knight raises himself back up, "Thank you, Iida." He nods his head in return. The prince opens his mouth to say more when he's cut off by a yell.