9.

Two days later, the princess departed back to her country

Two days later, the princess departed back to her country. Of course, not to live there any longer, but to say farewell to her people and bring back her belongings to Shouto's castle.

Even though it's only been two days since the announcement, word spread quickly of the prince and princess' engagement.

Letter after letter were sent to them, wishing the couple a congratulations on their engagement and a confirmation on showing for the wedding ceremony.

While the world celebrated the soon to be union of the two royals, Shouto slowly secluded himself from everyone. Most dinners were spent without the prince, the empty seat where he sat beside the king was a constant reminder.

The king himself felt most responsible because it was his fault. Though it was unavoidable. Shouto was a prince, and as a prince, he was to marry a princess who had much to offer.

Of the ten kingdoms who allied themselves with the king of Endeavor, there were only two princesses; Momo, and newborn child named Eri.

As much as Enji wished to give his son at least a choice in choosing a wife, there was only one option for him.

He couldn't see why Shouto was extremely upset though.

Momo was someone he knew since before he could walk. They've been much closer to each other than to any other royal, and even Enji could see how much closer his son was to the girl than to his own siblings.

He had honestly expected his son to be sighing in relief that he didn't have to marry some dumb helpless princess; Momo was smart, kind, and beautiful.

The last time he spoke to his son was last night when he had went to tell his son about the new lessons that would be taught to him now that he would be king of another kingdom as well as his own.

He received silence in return but he knew his son was listening to him.

At least he hopes he did.

______

One month later....

Shouto sits in the chair, looking up at the king's advisor as he rambles on about the kingdom of Creati, the place Momo was the princess of; soon to be queen, and for him, soon to be king.

There's a map of the Kingdom of Creati hung up on the wall, Hawks using a pointer to point at specific spots on map.

The prince sulks. This is boring. Why can't Momo just tell me about her kingdom—

BAM!

The prince jumps at the noise, the blonde royal advisor also flinching at the sudden noise as well.

The green scaled explosive dragon shoves his way into the room. Now that they have gotten larger, most of the doors to rooms have been too small for the dragons to fit in, resulting in them forcing their way in and breaking stuff while doing so.