10.

It's the day of the wedding, and the entire kingdom is celebrating

It's the day of the wedding, and the entire kingdom is celebrating. The sky is clear, birds are singing, and everyone is happy. The large chapel in the town was filled to the brim, people of both noble and royal birth all seated to witness the beautiful reunion of the two loveliest royals in the country.

Shouto finds himself once again in the tailors room, hands all over him, smoothing down wrinkles and fixing any issues. He lets out a long sigh, catching the blonde man's attention.

"What's wrong, my prince? It's your wedding day, should you not be more chipper?" He inquires, genuinely curious as too why the prince is not beaming with pride.

"Aoyama," The prince starts, "Marriage is supposed to be the union of two people in love."

"Uh, yes, that is what marriage is, my prince."

"Well, if you know that, then you should know why I am not happy, Aoyama," Shouto says as he tugs on the cuff of his sleeves, the fabric a little tighter than he expected.

The blonde tailor shuffles on his feet, nervousness swelling inside him, "My prince....do you not love the princess?"

The prince looks up, his blue and gray eyes meeting the young blonde man's eyes, "No, I don't."

Aoyama's eyes widen. The sadness was clear in Shouto's eyes, the look of defeat evident in his expression. A blind man could see how utterly broken the prince was.

"M-my prince, I am so sorry," he whispers, having no idea how to even console the young royal.

"It's okay, Aoyama," Shouto says, closing his eyes as a tear falls, "It's not your fault, it's just the duty of a prince."

The prince jumps when he feels a hand on his face, his eyes instantly open. Aoyama is staring back at him with sad eyes, his hand wiping away the year, "But it shouldn't be. A prince has the right to love just as any other person."

The prince lets out a sarcastic laugh, "I wish that were true, but it was foolish of me to even think that way, to think that since my father cherished me more than my other siblings, that maybe I'd chose my significant other."

This isn't fair. The young tailor thinks as he watches the prince put his stoic and uninterested facade back up, hiding his true feelings of sadness and despair.

_______

"My lady, you look simply lovely!" One of the maids gushes as the beautiful queen-to-be twirled around to face the mirror.

She lets out a gasp as she admires it, "Oh my, this dress is so beautiful," Momo turns to the servants and smiles, "Thank you all so much. I am grateful for your help."