Promises

Trad and Phi return to find Valt and Aiga in one of the many training rooms, caught in the middle of an extremely intense battle. At first, nothing seems off about that at all. Everyone battles nonstop at the WBBA; that's kind of the entire point of the building, and given that there's a tournament going on throughout this entire ordeal, practice is definitely necessary. However, something is off, and Trad is the first to notice it.

"Hey, didn't your Bey break?" Trad asks.

The battle comes to a stop, and Valt lets out a loud groan. "Dang it! Your new Achilles is really powerful!"

"Heck yeah it is!" Aiga bends down and snatches his Bey. He holds it out so Trad can see it. "Achilles got an upgrade!"

Trad's eyes widen as he admires the new Bey. "Wow... impressive."

Phi stares at it, too, his own eyes wide. "I can see the incredible power level."

Aiga flashes a grin. "Good luck beating this one. Cho-Z Achilles is definitely going to be a tough opponent."

"We'll see about that," Shu speaks from his own spot off to the side. "You shouldn't say things like that when you've only battled one person. Let's put it up against Spriggan and see how it does."

"Alright, if you insist." Aiga preps his launcher and assumes his stance, all while Shu is still walking over. "Hurry up! I don't have all day!"

Shu doesn't even respond to that. Instead, he takes his own spot on the other side of the stadium and assumes his own launching stance.

"Ready, set!" he calls out.

"Three! Two! One! Go, shoot!"

They launch their Beys, and instantly everyone else gathers around the stadium in a sort of crowd. The old Bey Club, Ranjiro and Souta, Free and Lui, and even Phi is standing there now, watching Aiga's new Bey fight against Shu's Spriggan.

Valt is torn, not knowing who to cheer for, so he opts to cheer for the Beys instead. "Whoo! Look how fast they're going! This is so intense!"

Phi watches Achilles as it spins around and arcs through the stadium. It is a very, very powerful Bey. He can see the aura, see the Bey Spirit. This one is definitely going to be tough to beat.

Then, suddenly, the table flips.

Spriggan crashes right through Achilles, splitting it apart. The entire crowd gasps, and Aiga looks like he just witnessed a car run right over a dog. He drops to his knees, his legs refusing to work from the shock.

"HOW!?" Valt exclaims.

Rantaro blinks. "Dang, Shu! You've still got it!"

"Shu never lost it!" Kensuke says through Ker.

"He'll always be the best of the best!" He adds through Beus.

"Nice one, Kurenai," Lui says approvingly. "Put this annoying kid in his place."

Even Free cracks a smirk as he stares at Aiga's reaction.

Shu, thanks to all the praise, feels confident enough to push his hair back, exposing his scar.

Aiga looks up at him, glaring at his smugness. "Grr... rematch!"

"Sure," Shu says, grabbing Spriggan and getting his launcher ready.

They have another match, another one that ends in Shu's victory. The crowd goes crazy every single time, which only serves to make Aiga even more infuriated. With every time he watches Achilles burst, fly out of the stadium, or slow to a stop, he wishes he could win more and more. His intense rage only grows.