Chapter 5 - The Cubs' New Role

(Image created with CREATE-A-CAT Flash Game by Neikoish on DeviantArt)

Though there for a friendly visit, the four newcomers found themselves helping out with care of the growing cubs... at least while the other Lions discuss the cubs' future in the Team. 

Misty took a liking to Acxa, Laith was mostly impressed by Zethrid, and Luna enjoyed spending time with Ezor. All three, especially little Misty Shard, enjoyed spending time with Matt as well. The cubs became so attached to the four, they literally begged for them to stay... to which they did. At least for a while. Even when Misty Shard and Laith started to grow over the heads of some of the Team. Luna began to whine about the fact she was getting smaller than her older and younger siblings, and Misty complained about being bigger than her as well. Misty quite liked being the smallest! 

One day, Black, Red and Blue approached the cubs after they'd finished a little bit of training. Misty Shard's first thought was that they got in trouble, Luna was plain confused, Laith was as well. 

'You three are approaching a year old, so it's time we start getting you three into your roles within the Team.' Black meows, making them gulp in worry. 'Don't worry! You might like what we're planning. Show 'em Blue.' 

She mechanizes and projects blueprints on the side of the wall. Mechanical Lions, and a slideshow of three different Lions. 

The first was rather large and armoured, designed similarly to Blue herself. This Lion had the same red bar on it's back, but would be darker in colour like Laith was.

The second was smaller than the first quite noticeably, like Red compared to Blue. This Lion was going to be a dark red. There were plates on this Lion that were going to be light pink in colour, like the colour scheme of Luna.

The third was either bigger or the same size as the first Lion, and it was hard to tell if it was designed to be black or blue. This one had parts of it that were painted in red, yellow and white. 

When it came down to advanced things with these blueprints and designs, there were similar basic weaponry that the Voltron Lions had, and almost similar colours and design in their builds. They also had schematics for the inside and internal rooms within these three new Lions. 

The 'Navy' Lion was designed to be more of a stronger and better armoured Lion. The inside had room for storage and people, and a few stasis pods as well. In the field, it would shuttle and shield people being transferred away from a battle field, or to hold more resources on a journey.

The 'Cherry/Garnet' Lion was designed to rival Red in speed and maneuverability. The inside was (and thanks to the smaller size of this Lion) obviously going to be smaller. This Lion had room for necessities and the Speeder. This one was designed for distractions to allow the other two to do their jobs much easier. Or to get things across a planet quicker.

The small Black Lion was designed to be the Leader of the Support Trio of Lions. This one didn't have the large 'wings' on their back, and was notably smaller. This Lion was the size of the Navy Lion, and was as big on the inside. This Lion also had medical bay-like rooms, two stasis pods, and non-perishable medicines, first-aid kits, medical equipment and food goo. It could also serve the purposes of both the Navy and Cherry/Garnet Lions. 

'More Lions?' Laith meows, tilting his head at Black. 'Why?'

'Well what did you three have in mind to do within the Team then, huh?' she purrs at their utter shock. 'Of course we were going to include you three! Your mother helped design them a little, but it was mostly us three.' Black purrs, proudly. 'You ARE a part of the Voltron Lion Pride!'