Chapter 6 - What to do with Feelings

(Image created with CREATE-A-CAT Flash Game by Neikoish on DeviantArt)

Then came the part of how to be a Paladin of Voltron. The Lions, having been mentored a little earlier by Black, Red and Blue, still had to off course participate. And they decided to return to Arus to start the training of Acxa, Zethrid and Ezor. And when it came down to Paladin Mentors, Keith, Lance and Allura were in charge of their training. 

Which made for some pretty awkward situations between Keith and Acxa... which became quickly apparent to both Misty Shard and Black. Misty Shard and Black always stayed by their Paladin's side when they trained, watching or participating. 

Zethrid, Laith, Blue and Allura stayed together during their training sessions. Laith was relatively bored unless he got involved somehow in the training sessions.

And Ezor, Luna, Lance and Red stayed together as well. Luna relatively enjoyed giving her mother and Lance a hard time during training, Ezor being the only one who could convince her to stop... which she didn't do most of the time. 

Whenever they had a break, the Cubs would enjoy playing together, or messing around and annoying another Paladin. The Cubs only listened to their new Paladins, Red finding it rather annoying they don't listen to her anymore. 

Since Black and Misty Shard noticed the rather peculiar behaviour of their two Paladins around each other, they kept a close eye on them, sometimes provoking them a little to test their hunch... that Keith and Acxa had feelings for each other. They also did their best not to let the others notice, which was a very good effort as they didn't know. 

Aside from that... relatively normal Voltron Lion behaviour. The Cubs are only turning 1 Year/Decaphebe old, but are already acting like a regular Voltron Lion. Which meant all sorts of things that even the Paladins were still trying to get used to... even the little surprises left around the Castle. (Guess what the 'surprises' are) Mostly, those were Luna. 

Being a Voltron Paladin, before the Lions could change between mechanical cat to the appearance of an Earth house cat, was complicated enough. Now that they could change between appearances and forms, they were adjusting to the lifestyle with cats running around the mix. 

"Since we're still getting used to the Lions being... able to change between two forms... let's just start with what we know." Keith started explaining to Acxa how to care for her Lion (Misty Shard) as a mechanical and a fluffy cat. "You should get to know your Lion on a personal level. It can strengthen your Bond, and help you become closer as friends." 

On that, Misty Shard walks over to Acxa and gives an affectionate nuzzle and a purr. Black sat on Keith's foot, and promptly did the same. 

"Aww... Misty Shard..." Acxa smiles, picking up the small feline. "You were saying?"

"OH! Uh right... Now, can you tell me some of what you know about Misty Shard?"

"Well, she's very affectionate towards her friends... she'll listen to you if you have a problem without judging you... she doesn't enjoy fighting, and I guess she also likes being small in size." Acxa starts with a few things. "She also prefers a side-line role, or a behind the scenes role in a fight, if she has to she'll go on the Frontlines."

Misty Shard purrs, jumping up to Acxa's shoulder and sitting on it. She gives her new Paladin an affectionate lick on the cheek. 

"She sounds a lot like the Black Lion." said Lion purrs, proud of her little apprentice (that is Misty Shard). "Now I guess..."

'Combat Training?' Misty Shard and Black meow, grinning when they said it at the exact same time. 'You could use some sort of break from the complicated Paladin stuff, and learn to work as a unit. Learn how to fight together and protect one another.'