Chapter 14 - Half-Breeds, Animals and Slumber Parties

(The Song Luna plays to the Babies, one I also quite like to listen to)

(P.S. My brain has no inspiration for Keith x Acxa. It's all Kidge or Plance. Meh!)

By the time one of them stirred, everyone was already in bed. Keith groaned and blinked his eyes open, the scene around him dark and blurred. The lights were off, but he could spot glowing, and barely detected the sound of a music box playing. It came from Luna, she was playing a lullaby from a music box to keep the babies calm and sleeping. Smiling at the seeming Rose Pink Lioness, he tries to sit up but feels something tighten around him.

He doesn't know Acxa was currently sleeping right next to him, nor that he was still on the Lounge Floor. When he lifts the blanket, Acxa's head was resting on his chest, while her arms held him close in a hug. Keith blushes hard when he realizes she's there.

Looking to his left, he sees Lance and Pidge splayed out everywhere in their sleep. Pidge had claimed Lance's jacket somehow. Red was also being tucked into sleep within Lance's jacket by Pidge, Rayan was sleeping on top of Pidge's outstretched arm.

Acxa begins to stir, and Keith quickly pretends to be asleep. She lifts her head, making the blanket slip off her head, and looks at Keith, though he had his eyes closed. Realizing, she quietly and slowly rolls off him, and huddles on the floor near him. Now acting as if he just woke up, but still being tired himself, Keith sat up straight and yawned and Acxa froze on the spot.

"Are you alright Acxa?" he whispers to her, as he still didn't want to wake the other Paladins.

"Fine." she whispers quickly, and rather loudly. "Just go back to sleep."

She doesn't have her blanket, so Keith tosses it to her. It spread out on top of her, covering her entirely, and she says a muffled thank you before trying to sleep again. She stiffens again when she hears approaching footsteps a few minutes later, then she flings her arms out when someone picks her up, bridal style.

"Woah! Careful!" someone says, and she realizes it was just Keith. "Just me."

She took a few deep breaths, and held on until he settled her down on the actual couches in the Lounge. Though she isn't looking at him, she can tell he sat down a way away from her head. He sighs in relief, relaxing into the couch.

"Did I wake you up?" she whispers, making him sit up.

"No, it's fine." he says back, leaning back down. "Don't worry about it Acxa."

He turns around, so Acxa raises her head as well when they hear squeaks from the babies. Baby Acxa was being hugged by Baby Keith, while Baby Keith himself was leaning on her head. They were fast asleep, as Luna still played her lullabies.

Acxa sits up sleepily, feeling some of the sleep effects of Luna's songs, but she doesn't immediately go back to sleep. Instead, she moves over, closer to Keith, and places her head on his shoulder. He sits a little more upright, but he didn't dare to move her. 

"Hey... Keith..." she whispers to him. "Why do you think Green had the two of us drink that Potion?" 

"I dunno..." he sighs, relaxing. "Why? Is there something wrong?" 

"No... I was only wondering... I guess because... because... I quite enjoyed the whole time we've spent together this way. Taking care of the babies... getting to know each other... I've enjoyed it all..." she whispers, staring at his hand. "I guess also because... I... I've kinda been... in love with you... this whole time Keith." she smiles, but doesn't face him. "Getting to know you... I guess trying not to tell you longer... it'd be unbearable. It's like they said before... when Luna, Misty and Black kept saying we we're in love... on my part it was true... I know..."