Prologue ~ His Mistake

"Hiccup's it's not safe here." A boy who looks to be in his teen years with silvery-white hair hissed to a friend ahead of him.

"We'll be fine, Jack. We have Toothless." His friend assured. Jack studied his friend for a minute, studying his green eyes and brownish-reddish hair, in fear it may be the last he sees him. "Besides," Hiccup started. "It's not like someone going to come and slaughter us. We're in Iceland's."

"Wild Dragons." Jack hissed slowly.

Hiccup looked back to him with a smirk. "Really? That's the best you could come up with? Jack, I trained a Night Fury, I think I can control a couple of wild dragons."

Jack grunted flying up a little to catch up to his adventurous friend. "What about Pitch. What if he gets out?" he asked Hiccup.

"You and the other Guardians destroyed him forever ago." Hiccup replied with a smirk.

"Yes, I know!" Jack started with a proud smile. "But that doesn't mean enemies don't come back. I mean. You and Alvin have been at it for a while haven't you."

Hiccup looked at him. "Yes. But we made a truce to save my dad from Dagger." He snarled madly in defence.

"Enemies do come back Hiccup," Jack argued.

"Okay." Toothless suddenly started to snarl. Hiccup stopped walking, Jack stopped flying then leaned on his staff. "What's wrong bud?"

Toothless continued to snarl. "Well, well, well if it isn't Jack Frost himself."

Jack whipped around to the darkness holding his staff out threateningly. "Pitch!" he hissed guarding Hiccup.

"You're right again. Frost." Jack watched as Nightmare Sand floated around him when Pitch came down. "I thought I'd find you here. You like the cold." Pitch started calmly.

Jack seemed to calm a little but still stayed guard for Hiccup. "What do you want?" he asked.

"Nothing much, but for you to join me," Pitch explained.

"Never in a million years."

"Thought so." Pitch's attention turned to Hiccup and Toothless. Jack caught on to it quickly. "Now him, on the other hand, seems useful." He told Jack bouncing to Hiccup and Toothless.

Hiccup looked at him with slight confusion. "I'm sorry. I'm confused."

"Don't be," Pitch told him. "It's simple. You have the potential like no other, Dragon Boy," Pitch explained to him allowing black sand to float around Hiccup.

Hiccup reluctantly swatted the sand away. "Potential?"

Jack quickly butt in. "Don't you even think about hurting him." He snarled to the nightmare king.

Pitch looked offended. "Hurt him? Why would I hurt him? He's far too valuable to be torn to pieces."

"I wouldn't dare harm someone so close to you."

"I know you're game. You're just going to drag him in and crush him." Jack sneered.

Pitch ignored it going to Hiccup. Hiccup seemed unsure, staying by Toothless. "Hiccup. Why don't we make a little deal?" Pitch asked him.

Hiccup narrowed his eyes. "Mm. No thanks."

Jack smirked knowing his friend doesn't trust easily.

Pitch's nice look instantly turned to cold fire. "How about this." He said forming an image from Nightmare sand.

Jack saw Hiccup's green gaze widen in fear. Hiccup's gaze was locked in the black sphere. He knew it showed a person's worst nightmare. They're the biggest fear. He knew of Hiccup's fear. Losing his loved ones. "You join me, or all your loved one and all your friends will be eliminated! Including this pet dragon of yours."

Hiccup's gaze flooded with confusion and terror. Jack wanted to do something but knew the young boy was in a fear-filled trace.

"Hiccup, don't listen to him. He's only trying to take over you." Jack yelled hoping to get heard.

Hiccup didn't react to his words. He stayed still staring into the sphere. The terrified look in his eyes grew by the second. Hiccup finally closed his eyes looking away. "Fine." He said in a low shaky voice. Jack stayed silent for a moment, fearing Hiccup's choice. "I'll join you." Hiccup retorted. "But you leave my friends and family out of it."

Pitch's smile grew at the answer. Jack looked to Hiccup. "Hiccup?" He had no reply.

"Very good choice." Pitch sneered letting Nightmare sand flow around Hiccup. Hiccup watched the sand looking confused. Toothless snarled wrapping his tail protectively around Hiccup.

"What are you doing to him?" Jack hissed protectively.

"Don't worry Jack Frost. This will only hurt him a little bit."

"You said no harm!" Jack hissed.

"This isn't going to harm him-" Pitch was cut off by Hiccup's sudden yelp of pain.

Jack watched as the boy collapsed to the icy ground clutching his chest. He fought himself from tuning to him to protect him but knew he couldn't. A glowing green and silver mist flowed out of Hiccup's body floating towards Pitch's opened hand. Hiccup continued to fight pain when it stopped all at once. His arm fell to the ground keeping himself up. His other hand was still in his chest. Jack watched the heavy rise and fall of his chest. 

Jack looked to Pitch them back to Hiccup. He glanced at Pitch again. The coloured mist still floated in his hand in circular form.

Jack thought for a moment. "It's clearly something important to Hiccup. It caused him pain." He thought to himself not wanting to speak.

Hiccup coughed silently regaining full consciousness slowly standing up with the Night Fury's help. Hiccup looked up opening his eyes. His gaze was a misty green. All cloudy and faded. His pupils were small like a dragon. 

Jack gazed to Hiccup then to Pitch. The dark man still had a glowing ball. He looked to Jack with a dark smirk on his face. "He's mine now.