I Can't

12:31 A.M.

Pitch waited impatiently for the guards and the boy. He knew the boy would need punishment. Death possibly. No. He sighed. He couldn't do that to the kid. He was still young... The sound he the door opening, jolted him from his thoughts. 

He turned to See his guards, forcing the boy into the room. "Get your hands off me!" Pitch heard Hiccup hiss and the guards had his arms. "Let go!" Hiccup yelled pulling out of the guard's grip.

Hiccup adjusted himself before glaring at Pitch.  "You disobeyed me!" Pitch snarled madly at Hiccup who pushed the guards away.

"Me?" Hiccup snapped trying not to get mad. "How?"

"You're getting distracted!"

"By who?!"

"The Snow Queen!" Pitch snarled grabbing Hiccup's arm.

Hiccup pulled away quickly. "Don't touch me!" he muttered madly.

"Excuse me!"

"I said don't touch me!" Hiccup snarled loudly drawing his blade.

Pitch snickered at the boy. "Who do you think you're going to protect Haddock?" he asked the boy. Hiccup didn't move from his armed position.

"Certainly not you." Hiccup growled. His green gaze was focused.

"You're meant to kill. Not to protect. You kill to keep yourself alive." Pitch started to the boy, "You're always meant to kill." Hiccup didn't say anything. "You're a Killer, Hiccup!"

"That means I can kill you!" Hiccup grunted madly.

"And why would you do that?"

"Because I have every right to. After what you've done to me. You've taken my entire life." Hiccup hissed.

"I was keeping you safe. The outside world is dangerous for someone as dark as you. The light will only kill you." Pitch told him.

"I've been trapped down here for seven years, I rather die than stay down here." Hiccup snarled. "Therefore, I have every right to kill you."

"But the mistake you make when you do kill me." Pitch started.

Hiccup stood straight. "What mistake?"

"You kill me, you get killed too," Pitch told him.

Hiccup's expression changed. He seemed to settle down"Why?"

"I have your soul boy. I chose between life or death for you. Within seconds I can kill you."

Hiccup stood still for a moment. He had to think. Taking a deep breath, he lowered his blade. "I'm sorry!" he whispered not looking up.

"Look at me, Hiccup." He didn't lookup. "Hiccup!" He turned away from him. "You're pushing it, boy!" Hiccup looked up, not looking at him. He didn't move. Pitch narrowed his gaze going for the boy. Hiccup turned around quickly with the blades flame flickering on. The blade scorched Pitch's outstretched hand.

"What part of don't touch me, don't you understand?" Hiccup asked letting the flame die. "I'm done being your servant! I had a life, I had a village to take care of. And I lost it all because of you."

Pitch glared at him. "You think you can protect her!" He hissed. The two guards were at the boy's side in seconds. "You're helpless, Hiccup. You'll see how helpless you are after I kill her." He said going to the door. "Don't worry," he added. "I'll be sure to let you watch."

4:16 A.M.

Elsa woke up to a noise. She opened her eyes to see Anna, Rapunzel and Kristoff in the corner.

"What's going on?" Elsa asked tiredly. 

Anna looked to her then ran to her "I'm so glad you're awake. We need to get you out of here!" Anna told me.

"What. Why?!"

"Pitch is furious. He wants you dead." Kristoff told her.

"He found out you're trying to break Hiccup's little spell," Rapunzel told her.

"I'm doing it 'cause Hiccup doesn't know what life is. He's been stuck under slavery for seven years and doesn't even know how to live." Elsa said boldly.

Anna looked at her. Before more happened the door flew open as two of the guards came in. They looked at Elsa darkly. "Queen Elsa. Please come with me." One said. Elsa stood up slowly. She looked at her sister and friends.

"Come. Please." She whispered going to the door. They followed her. Elsa looked at the guards as they lead her and the gang to a room. Once they entered the room Elsa looked around to see Pitch standing in the middle of the room with a dark look in his eyes.

"Ah. Elsa. I see you brought your friends." he sneered. Elsa searched for any presence of Hiccup. "You brought them so they can watch you die." He added then looked to the other guards. "Bring him in."

Elsa watched the guards leave in one direction. "Bring who in? Where's Hiccup?" she asked.

"Don't worry about him. He's fine." Elsa looked to Anna in fear. She heard someone yell in the distance. Her gaze went to the guards as they returned forcing someone into the room.

Hiccup. "Let go of me!" he snapped as they stopped. She watched the guards let go of him then stood a good distance away.

"Now Hiccup." Pitch started giving him a hard stare. Elsa looked at him. His eye colour changed to blue again. "Kill her!"

Panic ran through her. She was getting killed by the one she hopefully tried to change.

"Kill her!" Pitch repeated.

Elsa bit her lip thinking he wouldn't do it. But the colour of his eyes told her otherwise. He was under control. Hiccup slowly grabbed his Dragon Blade letting the flame flicker on. He raised it slowly not aware of what he was doing. Elsa closed her eyes waiting for the impact of burning flames. But, to her surprise meant it never came.

Elsa looked up to see Hiccup still standing there with the blade in his hand. He didn't move it had his gaze focused on her. "What is wrong with you!?" Pitch snapped madly. "Kill her!"

Hiccup still didn't move. Elsa watched Pitch get madder. She saw the glowing mist form in his hand.

"I said to kill her you fool!" he yelled closing his hand in the mist making Hiccup fall to his knees his pain. His eyes colour went to a solid blue as soon as Pitch opened his hand. Hiccup stood back up slowly with the help of Toothless. "Now, Hiccup. Kill her!"

He lit his blade raising it again. Elsa closed her eyes again knowing it's going to come. Still nothing. She opened them once more to see him staring at the ground with blade lowered. "I... Can't." He told Pitch.

"What?"

Hiccup looked up. His eyes were its usual green colour. "I can't."

Pitch fumed. "Why not?"

Hiccup looked to Elsa then back to Pitch. "Because I love her."