Chapter 15

AAHANA'S POV

I sat down thinking about him. It's like he wanted to answer but he's restricting himself. It's strange. My dad is expressive so am I but not mom, she worries so much that her point and the issue which is making her worry won't be known to us. I never understood her,I never knew she's hiding it purposefully or wants the issue to be solved at any cost.People are different,their personalities and thinking too vary.  Question is am I capable enough to handle different ones? Is Soham one different person from all? Will I able to understand him or he will be like my mom too complicated to solve? 

"Whats my child thinking with that small rusted brain?" my dad sat beside me as I gave him 'duh' look.

"You always taunt me!" I whined. 

"How was your meeting?" he asked me.

"Bad." I replied. 

"That's assuring. I didn't think you will stay till the end." he replied.

"Dad is it really necessary that I get married? I mean look at him!He's planned everything! He even made timetable I guess about when I have to take piss and brush my teeth or drink water or I think how many times I should use my eyelids to blink my eyes!" I spoke with frustration lacing my tone. 

"That's so funny Aahu!  Did he order you to follow his timetable?" dad joked pissing me off more. 

"Dad!This is not what I wanted to do in life!I struggled so much,I wanted to be useful in some way to the society. But here you are forcing me to marry someone who is just selfish enough to think about him and his future wife." I said. 

"At least he considered to think about you!" dad laughed loudly. 

"I am being very serious dad" I spoke in a hard tone.

"Sure you did. Did I ask you to marry him? You just went there to get to know that person. If he's not your type, we won't proceed.Coming to the point of being useful, haven't I allowed you when you were selected from your college to teach in jail? Is this not a way of helping your society Aahu?" he asked me.

"Yes dad but mom asked me not to go there anymore.And I not interested anyway " I replied.

"I know the reason.You have orphanage too, why don't you go back?Since you are not teaching at jail anymore,  why don't you go back to orphanage? I am sure they will take you back." he suggested. 

"What about these marriage proposals?Will they ever stop? " I asked him.

"Maybe one day dear. For now take rest" with that said he left me alone in my room.

I leaned back on my bed thinking about today. I feel,I am in a web of events taking place around me but I don't have any idea what am I doing in it!Preparing myself mentally to attend college tomorrow as exams will be starting soon, I closed my eyes to sleep. 

But....

I woke up.My sleepless nights started. Humans are so confused living organisms.They want everything but can't take responsibility of anything.  Like they want me to get married because I am of certain age but they won't take responsibility if consequences are bad.They are my parents so I guess they will support me! 

"I shouldn't think in negative way! At all! Nop! No way!  My blood is B positive so I should be positive too!" I self motivated myself. 

Why am I so stressed out???!

My phone rang bringing me out of my thoughts.

Soham?

"Err .. Hi " he spoke as soon as I answered his call. 

" Yes Soham? " I replied.

"I was thinking.. " he stopped mid sentence which irked me.

"So you called to let me know that you were thinking? " I asked him. 

"About you" he said which made my eyes open and pay attention to him.

"I was thinking about you,I wanted you to know that it's ok  no one will say anything if you don't like the guy or don't want to marry now." he said

"But this society Soham,  even if I ignore they are going to torture my parents even if they ignore,they will look at us differently.I mean all this will happen just because I am not ready to marry some shit person." I said with clear frustration. 

"I knew you will be stressed. Always remember they are not important Aahu, they are what they are. It's their mentality and it is not like no one will be on your side.  Always see positivity even in negative situation. It's really OK if you don't want to get married that's not a qualification or requirement for you to be in this world. Remember I will always support your decision.  Don't be stressed now. Sleep." he said disconnecting our call. 

I looked at my phone. Did I call him while I was thinking? Why did he even call me?? It's like he knows my state and wants to give support.  Since when did he started understanding me?  With everything going on,  I decided to force myself to sleep at any cost. Because that's the only solution I find positive now.

______________________________

Please vote comment and share my story! 

Do let me know your views! 
I know it's small chapter but from next I will be updating long ones.

Until next time :)