Chapter 17

SOHAM'S POV

"Sir?  Is everything alright? " my secretary came inside. 

"Next time don't allow him or any of his men inside this building." I ordered. 

"Ok sir. I am sorry" With that said he retreated leaving me alone.

Should I call her? 

Will she talk with me? 

"Please hand me over car keys,  I need to go somewhere alone. " I called up my driver getting up from my seat. I collected them and drove over to the place where my mom's heart resides. 

"Hello, there you are Soham!" Aunty greeted me while I walked through the narrow lane of the pathway surrounded by small lawns equipped with swings and benches.  I smiled at her while looking at small children running around the lawn playing happily with each other. 

"Look at you! You have grown thin and what's with that depressed look on your face?" she commented holding me by my hand. 

She is my mother's friend who helps to run this orphanage which has been my mom's second home all her life. 

"You haven't visited us. It's been so long." she said walking with me. 

"I was occupied with some work. Can we sit here?" I asked her pointing out at one of the benches in the lawn.

"Sure! So tell me how's life going on? Occupied with whose thoughts?  Or is it some work?" she questioned me playfully and I chuckled a bit.

"There's nothing like that." I replied.

"We miss her you know, she is gone so early.  God takes all good people first!" she spoke seriously, changing my mood.

"I know,  we all miss her.  She's a pillar to our lives.  My mom will be forever in our hearts and at this place. I can still feel her playing with kids,  narrating them stories,  running with them playfully. It's like everything is before my eyes but I know it's not real." I said with tears forming in my eyes.

"I am so sorry! I didn't mean to make you suffer. Forget all this, do you want to know what's happening now here?" she asked me cheerfully. I nodded my head wiping tears. 

"Since summer has started, we planned to conduct some fun classes for children! Like basic subjects you know, English, maths, science and this year we are hiring an art teacher to teach these kids some creative work. We planned to engage them and keep them active.  Next month we are planning to take them on a trip,  you know to the beach or some park in the city!  What do you think about it??" she asked me excitedly.

"That's so nice of you Aunty. They all need to enjoy themselves like everyone else.  We should never strip them of their childhood and it's fun. If you are facing any financial problems let me know,  I am always there for you and these kids." I replied smiling at her. 

"Yes! Yes!  Few of the teachers are willing to join back and help us. It's as if your mother is arranging everything for us without any hitch. After her death, we thought we lost you too.  It's heartbreaking to have seen two deaths in the same year that are too close.  Are you fine Soham?" she questioned me holding my hands.

"Yes, I am.  I learned to protect people close to me. I will make sure that incident will never happen again here or anywhere. I will protect people concerned to me with my life. Things that break you will mend you too." I said keeping my head on her shoulder. 

"I really wish you find a girl who's loving, caring, and beautiful just like your mother." she said patting my head. 

Aahana.  She's the only one I want in my life.