one

This sucks. I am already on my 18th birthday and we are now having a debut party. I really hate this dress and the attention I am getting right now.

Lights are blinding me. Some people are taking pictures of me and some of them are taking a video to the person who is singing. I am currently sitting at this big-ass chair, wearing my big-ass red gown. I am nervous right now, but thanks to my friend who is singing right now, it lessens the feeling I experiencing right now.

neoyeotguna my shine light
unmyeonggachi on true light
bamhaneul sok seororeul bodeon starlight

So, this is what it feels like. The beginning of becoming an adult. You know, I really did miss my childhood. Nothing to worry about; you can just play around and get a bruise. You are actually kinda free.

seororeul barabon sungan
eoduun bameun geochigo
geu aneseo urin bitna

My eyes started to get blurry as I felt my tears fall. Woah, I am really lucky to have you, Jongho. You have such an amazing voice, I am jealous.

"Happy 18th birthday Yuna, please be mature now."

I stopped crying because of what I hear as I glare at him. He is such a dork! Well, he never became not one.

I jokingly raised my fist, "Shut up." He just chuckled and patted my head.

After he sang, the host said that we can now get to eat. My parents came at me first. I was their only child so they always protect and care for me.

"Oh, look at this young woman!" My mom said, smiling at me. "Happy 18th birthday."

Mom is a housewife since Dad does not want her to get tired drastically.

"You know we can road trip and stay at our vacation house for a week." Dad told me. "Do you like? We can bond there. My boys and I got a short vacation, so..."

I pretended to think and posed, "Well..."

"It's fine if you do-"

"It's fine dad. Of course, I like it!" I exclaimed. "Why wouldn't I? Besides, it is really rare for you and your hobbits to get a vacation."

"Hobbits?" He laughed, making his eyes form into a thin line. "But, they are all taller than you."

I scoffed, "I know, I know. You did not need to tell me."

"You can bring over your friends there. We have a lot of rooms there." My mom winked at me as I look at her with a blank face.

I have no friends, except for them, of course.

"And also, we have a gift for you!" My dad showed me a box and opened it. "A necklace."

I looked at it with so much happiness. "Thank you dad, thank you mom. This is so beautiful!"

"Turn around." My dad commanded me as I felt a cold metal around my neck.

It was a silver necklace with a crescent moon on it. I really like it when I saw it the first time at the mall.

They hugged me and then left. After that, Jongho came to me.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birth-"

I cutted him of, "Stop it, I am jealous at your voice."

"Oh really? But you have this angelic v-" I glared at him which makes him stopped at talking.

"Sorry." He laughed. "By the way, your necklace is so beautiful."

"Yes, just like me." He turned around and started to leave but I stopped him.