Normal Morning In Space

Pidge has been struggling more than usual lately. Her inventions are working fine, and she is getting along with her fellow paladins, but something Shiro said yesterday about "manning up" got into her head. Of course it wasnt his fault. No one had a clue that pidge was a girl, but that was her choice. She had to find her brother no matter what, and she couldnt blow her cover until then. Still... she felt a bit uneasy looking at her figure in the mirror, putting on a second sports bra and then her baggy t-shirt. As she slips on her jeans, she can hear Lance and Keith arguing over the best way to get into the upside-down pool.

"I am so glad we all have our own bathrooms." She mutters to herself before leaving the safe haven that was her room. Suddenly, a pastry of some kind flies over her head.

"Hey, just because you're fighting, doesnt mean my cooking has to suffer!" Hunk calls from the kitchen.

Lance is standing at one end of the hallway in his pajamas with an arm full of pastries. At the other end, Keith is preparing to charge at Lance with a cooking utinsil.

"Pidge he stole breakfast! Help me catch him!" Keith shouts, wearing nothing but black shorts and a red tank top. Imediatly, Pidge sides with Keith and chases Lance. Eventually, they all end up in the pool room and Pidge has a plan. She pulls out her bayard, and quickly flings Lance upwards into the pool by his legs, causing him to drop all the pastries.

"Grab them and go!" She shouts at Keith before flinging Lance back against the floor.

"Run!" Keith shouts at Pidge, and she follows him back to the kitchen.

"Hunk, lock the door!" Pidge orders as she rushes in, her arms filled with whatever treats she managed to scoop up. Hunk bolts the door closed just as Lance is about to reach it.

"Aw C'mon guys, I stole those fair and square!" The three others laugh and enjoy Hunks pastries, saving at least one each for Allura, Coran, and Shiro.

"Nice thinking, Pidge." Keith smiles at her, and gives a congradulatory pat on the back. Pidge blushes, and smiles.

"Thanks." Pidge says quickly, stuffs another pastry in her mouth, and leaves to her room. Ever since they all joined up together, Pidge has had an unknown attraction to Keith. So many times she's wanted to tell him. Often she thought about what it would be like if at least he knew. Somehow, it would all be okay, and she could be happy. But it wouldnt happen.

Pidge doesnt even notice the tears slipping from her eyes as she hugs the stuffed wolf toy she kept. Someday it would all be okay...

~

"Hey Hunk? Have you noticed Pidge acting weird lately?" Keith asks while helping clean the kitchen.

"Mm.... lately I guess so, but I think it's mostly when he's around you." Hunk puts the dishes away. Keith considers this.

"What like he has a crush on me?" He jokes and leans back against the counter.

"Its possible," Hunk says. "Do you think that-"

"Nope. No way. I dont swing that way." Keith shuts Hunk down, a little too quickly. Its not that he hasnt considered it, but just hasnt really felt the same, or at least acknowledged that he has. He cant deny that he feels something for Pidge.

Before he can elaborate further on his thoughts, Alluras voice comes over the intercom.

"Everyone suit up and come to the bridge. We have info for another mission." Without another word, Keith and Hunk both do as ordered, finding Lance and Pidge already there. Keith takes a few more seconds to look over Pidge and sees past his glasses. His eyes have darker circles under them and his whites have a pink tint to them.

'Has he been crying?' The thought leaves Keiths mind as quickly as it appeared and Allura speaks.

"We have received information from an allied planet about a gallra cargo ship that could be carrying valuable information as well as parts we need for the castle. There are few sentries, a single computer room, and the majority of the ship is for carrying large pieces of machinery." She swipes her hand over the console and various images flash on the screen. "The information they carry could be of use as it may describe the locations of other gallra bases and battle plans." She turns to the group and they all agree to go.

Within minutes, they are all in there lions and headed towards there target. However, Keith cant help shake this feeling that he needs to protect Pidge. The others must have noticed, because Lance pointed out that he was flying unusually close to the green colored lion.