EMBERS.

❝if you were born with the weakness to fall,then you were born with the strength to rise

then you were born with the strength to rise.❞
Rupi Kaur

FOR THE ENTIRETY OF JASMINE'S LIFE, she had been blessed with love and happiness

FOR THE ENTIRETY OF JASMINE'S LIFE, she had been blessed with love and happiness. Her birth had been a surprise since many were not expecting General Iroh and his wife, Zia, to have another child after their son, Lu Ten, but Jasmine was born - a few months after Prince Ozai had his own son, Zuko. Yet, it was a pleasant surprise for everyone since the Fire Lord was blessed with another grandchild. However, not everyone was happy that Iroh decided to name his daughter after his favorite tea. But, Jasmine was still welcomed into the Fire Nation with open arms.

Life was good for the next couple of years as the royal family of the Fire Nation expanded with the birth of Prince Ozai's second child, Azula. Yet, Jasmine seemed to get the short end of the stick every time. When she was six years old, her mother fell sick and lost her life to the illness. Jasmine, her brother Lu Ten - who was 18 at the time - and her father, were devastated at the lost of a loved one. It hurt even more when Iroh and Lu Ten went off to play their role in the war with their siege on Ba Sing Se. Jasmine didn't know much about the war, but it seemed important to her family. In 95 AG, tragedy struck with the death of Lu Ten. Jasmine was only 12 years old when she lost her brother. She was devastated.

Soon after, her father returned from war and Jasmine never left his side. She could see the sadness behind her father's smiles and the way he spaced off when he was left alone with his thoughts. Yet, Iroh always tried to make sure that his daughter had everything she ever wanted. However, it seemed that the world had it out for them when Zuko was banished under horrific circumstances. When he was banished, Iroh and Jasmine decided to go with him on his quest to regain his honor by finding the Avatar.

INTRODUCING...

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

JASMINE of the FIRE NATION

❝YES, I AM AWARE THAT MY FATHERNAMED ME AFTER HIS FAVORITE TEA

YES, I AM AWARE THAT MY FATHER
NAMED ME AFTER HIS FAVORITE TEA.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

DISCLAIMER.
I do not own Avatar: the Last Airbender or
any of its characters. I only own my own characters
and their plot lines, and my writing. Remember,
plagiarism is illegal and can be punishable by
law. Plus, stealing is not cool at all! 😔

WARNINGS.
Strong Language, Violence/Gore,
Dark Themes, Domestic Violence,
Sexism/Racism, Deaths, Triggers
(e.g. Depression, PTSD, Anxiety, etc.)

DEDICATION.
THIS FIC IS DEDICATED TO THE LOVELY VAL.
Val is one of the sweetest people
on this website and I am so grateful to be her
friend! She was the one who inspired me to write
this fic and I just love her a whole bunch! Val and
I are collaborating on our Avatar fics that take
place in the same universe! She has a Zuko fic
called Blood Moon and I highly recommend it!
Her character Amaris will be mentioned many
times throughout this fic so I urge you to go read
Blood Moon to completely understand her character!
We are so excited to bring these fics to you guys
and I hope you all enjoy them!

UPDATE; Val has actually left WP and she has let me adopt the plot of Blood Moon. So, the book can be found on my profile! Definitely go check it out if you're interested! 💖

NOTE.
Avatar: the Last Airbender has always been my favorite show from my childhood! I absolutely love this show with all my heart and I am so excited to be writing a fic for it! Like I said before, Val and I are collaborating on our fics! My character, Jasmine, will show up in her fic and her character, Amaris, will show up in mine! I highly recommend reading both fics to fully understand!

SOME BASIC INFO — Jasmine is Iroh's daughter! She is the same age as Zuko, but a couple months younger than him! Jasmine was born 12 years after Lu Ten and she was highkey a mistake, but a pleasant one. Jasmine and Iroh are very close and their bond will be highlighted throughout the fic! Also, Zuko and Jasmine will have a strong bond as well and it will be explained throughout the fic! ALSO, Jasmine may be a common name in our universe, but I feel like in the Avatar universe, no one would have the name Jasmine? So, everyone was like "wtf, Iroh, you named your daughter after tea?" but then again, they can't do anything about it.

So, this is a Sokka fic, but it will focus mainly on Jasmine and her story! Her love story with Sokka will be more of a sub-plot, but it will still be there! I really want this story to focus on relationships of every kind - love, friendships, family, and everything else!

I truly hope you all enjoy this fic! ❤️

IMPORTANT DATES.
START DATE — 04.27.2019
END DATE — TO BE ANNOUNCED.