Chapter 16: A rushed preparation; new powers?

So as i said in the previous preview....lol PREvious PREview. Get it? Okay geez fine anyways, as i was saying. You can take this chapter as a filler.

It's all about Annie, so yep! And umm....the vid on the side...well there are a few sad parts in this and i want the best effect so listen to the multimedia. (Mirajane no theme.)

~Grace

______________________________________________

Chapter 16: A rushed preparation; new powers?

LUCY'S POV

This is a complete mess. Natsu's color drained from his face like he just found Igneel. (A/N: It is technically true he found Igneel.)

"Annie's....birthday?!" He gasped.

"You know, it's not my fault because i was never there for her birthday. You were supposed to remember!" I accused. He put his hands up in defense.

"It slipped my mind, honestly!" He said.

"Really? And what is going to happen two days from tomorrow?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Umm....well usually that day i go to the graveyard....because....it's your birthday!" He said, as if trying to remember if he was right. I sighed. I wonder what Annie will think of us....of her father.....someone who forgot her birthday.

I hope she doesn't find out. We should pull this off, with the help of Mira. Gosh this is the first time we actually need Mira's obsessive personality!

"How're we going to celebrate?" asked Natsu.

"We should ask Mira. I mean, we don't have much of a choice." i shrugged. He seemed to hesitate at the thought of asking Mirajane, but he eventually agreed.

Natsu and I, hand in hand, walked towards Mira who was already working behind the counter. When we both came up to her, she stopped rubbing the glassware.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Mira....see, we need your help. Tomorrow is Annie's birthday and we don't know what to do." explained Natsu. Her face turned into one of joy. But then it changed into one of malice.

"Okay fine, but you guys owe me something." she wagered.

"Of course." muttered Natsu under his breath.

'You guys owe me a few shots so i can put in my album." she said. I sighed in relief. At least it wasn't anything else. Trust me, things could have gotten a lot worse that it already is.

'No proble----'

"No way." said Natsu solidly. My eyebrow twitched. I grabbed his shoulders and shook him back and forth. His head bobbed around like a toy.

"This is our only chance!" i exclaimed.

'But taking photos is sooo much work if we purposely do it. It would be better if Mira gets these shots naturally. That way, it's more realistic." he explained. Wow, who knew Natsu was so intelligent? Well truth is no one knew because he isn't.

"Oh i see! Perfect idea!" exclaimed Mira, rubbing her hands together like she just figured out one of Einstein's equations. I sighed. Natsu had said a genius idea! Now Mira won't bother us about posing, she can just take them naturally for the best effects.

"Great going!" i said with joy, slapping Natsu in the back of the head. Apparently it was too hard and he flew forward hitting his head on the bar counter. I was quick to take my hand back and pretend like nothing happened.

Oh well.

"Mama! Let's walk!" exclaimed an excited voice behind me. I turned around to see Annie smiling a rainbow at me. Awww.