Chapter 19

"What? But why?" Jen asked, getting teary eyed when I began packing our stuff from what I brought from our old home. Matt had the same look on his face but didn't say anything.

"Because if we don't then alot of people we love will get hurt and we don't want that." I responded.

Jen was about to argue again before Matt covered her mouth and asked ", ok. Your right. We don't want that but if we leave then won't they be more vulnerable? "

I shook my head ", no because it'll seem like they mean nothing to us and we know that's not true. No one knows about this so we can't say anything alright. "

"Ok."

Jen nodded solemnly.

______________________________________

"Okay, who covered the entire house in blinking lights? People already think we're weird, we don't need to shine a light on it." Bree said, just as I came downstairs with Matt and Jen. I was in awe with the decorations and the lights, I really never understood why people ever did this and now I do. It's heartwarming really.

"I did that! I want to make sure Santa Claus comes to our house first!" Adam said, wearing a Santa suit and hat but doesn't Santa wear a beard.

"Santa? Don't you mean the fat dude who knows when your sleeping and when your awake. Sounds like a creepy stalker to me." Jen commented, speeding over to the couch.

"Adam...we all love Christmas but I think you're going a little overboard," Bree looked over to Jen ", yes, the creepy fat dude is coming to give you presents and no he's not a stalker. He's magical."

Matt brightened ", he is?!"

Bree nodded as I walked over to her and whispered ", thanks for playing along."

"No problem. "

Suddenly I heard a couple of loud thuds before the front door opened and Chase came hopping into the house like a glow in the dark stop sign.

Jen brightened up and asked me ", Mia, can I do that to Matt."

"Yeah, can she! Please!"

I waved my hand ", go knock yourselves out."

Adam looked over at Chase as my siblings ran out the front door ",Hey get back up on the roof! You're ruining my display!"

"You're lucky a raccoon chewed me free!"

Suddenly their phones went off ", That's an urgent mission alert, we have to get to the lab!"

All of them rushed downstairs as Chase asked, still covered in lights ",Uh, a little help?"

I rolled my eyes and ran over to help him.

"Well, aren't you a sight for soar eyes," I teased, starting from the loose cord at the bottom of his feet.

He laughed sarcastically ", ha ha, very funny Falcon but you have twice the work to do when your siblings get back."

Suddenly Jen and Matt walked through the front door covered in ashes. I opened my mouth to say something till Jen shook her head as Matt sneezed, making his hair spark.

I looked back over to Chase ", you just had to jinx it, didn't you?"

Chase just shrugged innocently as I slapped his shoulder making him topple over.

"Oops."

______________________________________

"Can't believe you two." I mumbled, walking downstairs to the lab once I finished up with my siblings. Those two had ashes where ashes shouldn't venture...at all!