Prologue

Chris

It's been five years. Five years since I've tasted freedom, five years since I've gotten some real privacy, five years since I've hugged my mother. It's also been five years since I've seen her, kissed her; made love to her.

I should've loved you way more.

Before I caught this assault charge, my life was perfect, or that's what I wanted others to believe. I had a bad bitch on my arm that held me down through whatever, but when we closed those doors to our house; it was another story.

I should've loved you way more.

I did shit behind her back that a man who claimed he was loyal shouldn't be doing, but at the time I didn't give a fuck. I continued to do it because I knew she would take me back no matter how much pain I caused her.

I should've loved you way more.

She was devastated when I told her I would be leaving for such a long period of time. I wanted her to stay by my side through these years, but her and I both knew even a girl like her who's willing to do whatever for her man, wasn't willing to go as far as to do this bid with me.

I should've loved you way more.

Maybe if I wasn't such a fuck up I would really have the perfect life I claimed to have. I wouldn't have been locked up in this cage, and I would have a wife and kids, God willing, by now.

I should've loved you way more.

The day we said goodbye was the hardest thing I had to do. I could see the pain I caused in her eyes; I could also see relief. She would never want to break my heart like I did hers by leaving me or not taking me back all those times, so me going away was just an easy way out for her. I decided to cut off all communication so that we both could move on. Now I'm a free man and during my time served, she was all I could think about. I'm ready to get my girl back, and this time, do it the right way.

So, if this is the end of us now...I'll see you around.