twelve

Chapter 12: Truth to the Lies

"Like branches on a tree... we may grow in different directions, but our roots remain the same."

- Anonymous

...

Mor's POV

"I still don't think we should have trusted her. Feyre is my mate after all, and having some random female from out of the blue go and get my mate is not very nerve calming." Rhys explained his worry to me for the millionth time.

He got even more worried when they didn't show up that night, and all of us went through hell and back trying to convince him that everything was fine, because he said he couldn't hear Feyre on the other side of the mating bond. Everyone but Amren felt a pang of worry, but she only said, "Have trust Rhysand, I know it is hard because the situation concerns your mate, but you can not go in and get her. It's just the situation we are in."

Rhysand still wouldn't budge, and his eyes soon became pitch black. His rage, sadness, despair, and fear was consuming him and fast.

Cassian tried to get him to drink, but he refused. Az even tried to calm him down, control Rhys' shadows with his, but he could not.

If he didn't calm down, his head would blow off and then all of us would be in deep shit.

I looked at Amren pleadingly. I had to tell. It was the best way to distract him and hopefully calm him down a bit, put him at ease.

But she gave me a glare that would've sent me running if we weren't in this shitty situation.

That moment, Rhysand roared out and slammed his fist on the balcony railing. His eye was twitching a bit and he was on the verge of tears.

It pained me to see my cousin like this. He has done so much for me, yet I still happen to see him so driven by the wrong emotions.

At the time Feyre was gone, I would often wonder how many times Feyre had to deal with these flare-ups.

"RHYSAND!" I screamed as I saw him spread his wings. He could not leave. He would cause much damage to himself and others.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TRUST HER?" I screamed at him. Cassian and Azriel came were close to holding Rhys back if need be, but soon went dumbstruck as I said, "WHY CAN'T YOU TRUST YOUR OWN SISTER?"

I immediately flung my hands over my mouth as Rhys completely calm down. The room was dead silent.

Shit, I cursed, I'm in so much trouble.

I looked at Amren and saw it just simmering in her eyes.

Shit.

"My what?"

Amren flung her eyes to Rhys and spoke in a sharp tone, "Yes Rhysand, Eralyn is your sister. She survived because one of Tamlin's brothers decided that it was wrong to kill a child, and convinced his father to spare her, but she still lost her mother and wings. I trust her because she is bonded with you by blood and always fulfills her promises."

Rhysand was shaking now, and I understood why. She's the only intermediate family he has left, and he believed she was dead for almost 500 years.

And that's when he collapsed to the floor.

"Well, that went better than expected," everyone silently agreed with Cassian as he picked Rhys up to carry him to his room.

Eralyn's POV

I suddenly felt uncomfortable. This is definitely not how I imagined I'd confess to my brother that I'm alive.

The step after step rhythm he took to get closer to me had me on my feet.