one

Chapter 1: Old Friend

Eralyn POV 

I could feel it. It was like someone brushed away the dust of time on an old book. She was coming to see me, most likely to ask of me something, but never mind that. I was just glad she was coming.

We meet again old friend.

...

Amren POV 

Cassian and Azriel have healed completely, which means both of them will be constantly bothering Rhys about Feyre. That prick. She's his mate, yet he's let that happen to her. He didn't understand that she's no longer only his to protect but ours as well. Everyone thinks I've become melancholy about the situation because I'm no longer bothering Rhys, but little do they know I'm arranging for Feyre's return. I've got an old friend in another world. She's as cocky as she is talented, but she can get Feyre back and even help in decoding the book.

Eralyn and I met a while back when she was small and innocent. I learned to trust her in the small time we had because she trusted me with her entire heart and soul. When it was time for her departure, she gave a piece of paper that had a series of markings on it. It was the only way I could get to her if need be. I promised that I would never use it, but here I am staring at it as if she'll pop out. According to her directions, I have to paint these markings in blood. My blood. I will most definitely get teased about this nonstop, but for Feyre, it's worth it. And Eralyn will understand this.

...

I've talked to Cassian, Azriel, and Mor, who were, at first, unsure about inviting a foreigner into our territory, but once I explain the benefits of having her here, they agreed. And if course, they were afraid to find out what happens if they disagreed, although they didn't say it. Our biggest problem would be convincing Rhysand, but I had already decided that whether Rhys agreed or not, I'd still be going. Rhys was just being told so he wouldn't be left in the dark.

All of us were currently in the townhouse overlooking Velaris. We decided it would be best to stay here so Cassian could work his wings into shape once again. Rhys was sitting on the balcony, looking towards the stars. The silence was broken by Mor.

"How's Feyre?"

"The last time I talked to her she said she was fine." His voice was deep and dull. Dead. I cleared my throat.

"We are going to get Feyre."

"No." The pain was evident on his face, and all of us saw it. Even Az saw enough of it to voice his own opinion due to his pity towards the High Lord.

"Rhys, we have a High Lady to protect and none of us feel at ease knowing she is in Tamlin's hands." Rhys fell back to his mourning silence, so I took this opportunity to make myself clear.

"Rhysand, no matter how stubborn you are, you aren't going to win this one. She is our High Lady, and we refuse to leave her in enemy hands. Whether you choose to accompany us is your choice, but we are leaving at dawn."

The rest of them filed out with me, leaving Rhys in complete silence. His eyes had gone hazed due to the drinking, but he was long gone after that day in Hybern. I was hoping the trip would be quick, because we still have Nesta and Elain to deal with, but they were as "comfortable" as the could be up at the House of Wind. I sighed as I readied myself for tomorrow.

We meet again old friend.

...