十八

*mature*

"Asteria wake up." Small hands shook my body gently. 

"Jimin? What do–What, Why are you here?" My eyes refused to remain open as my mouth fumbled for words. Jimin's figure was blurry as he sat beside me.

"I wanted to make sure you ate breakfast." His voice was soft and smooth, the only thing I could bare to listen to this early in the morning. 

"What time is it?" I grumbled rubbing my eyes with the sleeves of my sweater. 

"7:00."

"Yuck, good morning." I was awake enough now to give him a warm smile.

He laughed watched me. "Good morning my sleepy cutie." His hand cupped my cheek as he leaned in for a kiss. My eyes widened before blocking my mouth with my hands. "Excuse me?"

"Morning breath." He rolled his eyes before pulling my hands down.

"Oh fuck off." He let his lips linger on mine, we smiled as we pulled away. "Eat this, then you can go back to sleep or whatever."

I leaned my back against the wall my bed was pushed up against. Jimin placed a small plastic bag in my lap, the food inside was warm against my bare legs sending goosebumps across my skin. 

Jimin leaned down to scoop Jadu into his arms as I began to eat. "My performance starts at 8. I'm only on stage until 9 so after we can leave." He smiled as Jadu rubbed her head against the side of his face and neck her loud purr singing through the room.

"What am I wearing?" Jimin's lips pouted as he thought. "I have a few nice dresses but I doubt they even fit me anymore." 

"The entire thing is pretty formal babe, show me your dresses." I nodded before sliding off the bed and shuffling over to the small shared closet. My hands searched until they found the two floor length gowns. 

One was elegant and white. The first layer of the dress clung to my skin while the transparent layers on top created a whimsical effect, it was the type of dress a fairy queen would wear. The other dress was boldly black, the dress was fitted against my waist and hung loose around my legs. The fabric draped and folded on itself around my breasts, when I wore the dress last year it made my chest look much bigger than it actually is. I held them both in front of me allowing Jimin to look over them.

"I need to see you in both of them to pick." He had a small but growing smirk on his face.

"Fine." He and I were both equally shocked at my sudden confidence. I tried not to focus on him, I also willed myself not to think of his eyes seeing so much of my bare skin. 

I let my shorts fall to my ankles before I kicked them off to a random corner of my side of the dorm, I tossed my sweater onto the end of my bed leaving me in just my underwear and bra that I unfortunately fell asleep wearing. My eyes wandered to wear Jimin was sitting, his eyes were on me but I couldn't tell what part of me he was looking at. His gaze on me wasn't lustful if anything he appeared to be taking me in, he was studying me like I've done so many times before to him. 

The white dress hung off my shoulders as I walked to stand in front of him. Turning my back to him his hands found the zipper of the dress without me having to ask. He let his fingertips dance lightly across the exposed skin of my back, I smiled to myself at the contact.

"This one. Please wear this one." Jimin looked mesmerized by me. I twirled around in the expensive dress in front of the thin mirror hanging on the back of the door, I watched him watch me through the reflection. "How are you so perfect?" 

"I'm not." He stood behind me his hands on my hips while placing soft kisses on my neck and shoulder. 

"One day you'll see it too." Jimin smiled as he watched us in the mirror. Sometimes I wonder what he saw in me the day we met but I think it's better not to ask. Maybe he didn't see anything in me, I didn't see anything extraordinary in him either but once we were no longer in the same room his face lingered in my mind reminding me of who I wanted. Even if I didn't understand my fixation on him then I knew, I knew I wanted him in my life longer than a small greeting in an ice cream shop. "What are you thinking about?" He whispered pulling me to lean into his chest.