Chapter 34 ❤️

"Jane...Jane?" I was woken up by someone shaking me gently. I immediately knew who it was by his voice. I open my eyes, sitting up on the bed. "Miles?" I ask in a whisper, slightly confused.

"Hey, sorry to wake you." He murmurs, taking a seat in front of me. "It's okay." I found myself examining him, trying to look for any wounds. I highly doubted he had any. Miles seemed undefeatable.

"How was everything? Is everyone okay?" I ask, slightly worried. I wasn't sure if Dylan's pack had any intentions of killing anyone. As far as I know, they just needed to be an extraction.

"Yeah, a few wounded pack members but everyone's fine." He nodded. "Good.." I sighed in relieve. "So umm- who's pack was it?" I asked, trying to play dumb. I didn't want him knowing I knew.

I don't know how Miles would react if he knew that Dylan was here, if he knew what Dylan had said to me.

God I couldn't even think about that. I mean it was still very overwhelming and I just couldn't process it. Miles sighed slightly. "Jane, remember when you came in my office, crying about Dylan?" He asked. I almost cringed at the memory. It had only been like a week or so back, but I hated recalling it.

"Yeah.." I nod.

"Well that day, God I think that was one of the worst days in my life. You were crying- someone had actually made you cry and I had never felt so horrible in my life. Do you know why?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I searched my mind trying to think. Maybe just because he was one of the main reasons of my pain? Who really knows..

I shook my head in response. "It's because I knew why you were crying, I knew that Dylan was someone important in your life that had broken you. The only thing I wanted in the moment was not to just comfort you, I wanted to take everything back. I wanted your relationship with Dylan to be real. Not willingly of course, but because I knew it would make you happy I knew you wouldn't be hurting and although it being real would've probably killed me inside, well it would've made you happy in that moment."

I was shocked by his words, extremely taken back. I didn't know how to respond. I wasn't sure if I wanted to. Apart of me was shocked that he even cared about me that much, to want my relationship with Dylan to be real. The other part of me was just- well kind of sad. Sad because my relationship with Dylan ended up being real, and now I was wishing it wasn't.

"It was uh- it was Dylan's pack that had attacked. Dylan wasn't around. Of course him attacking another pack would be half assed." He murmurs, shaking his head. I nodded, looking down at my hands.

"You can go back to bed, its late." He says, giving me a smile before standing up. He was about to walk out of the room before I stopped him. "Miles?" I ask in a low whisper. He turned around. "Yeah?" He asked.

I shrug, looking down at my hands. "I'm not sad about my relationship with Dylan anymore. I think it was just a brief moment."

I look up slightly to peak at his reaction. He just nodded, eyes narrowed as if he was thinking.

"Good." With that he walked out.

I was a little confused by his reaction but too overwhelmed and tired to think into it.

I laid back down on my bed, I couldn't even think about Dylan, my mind was on Miles, my mate.

~~

I hadn't spoken to Dylan, I didn't want to. I had no idea how to respond to what he had told me the other night.. and I don't think I want to respond.

Miles hadn't said much about his pack attacking him, I think he found it at no threat, which was probably a good thing. Miles also hadn't said much after our kiss. He'd occasionally check on me, ask me how I was doing.

We hadn't had an actual long conversation until today.

He had sent one of his pack members to get me and escort me into his office.

I was very confused, I was half thinking that somehow Miles had found out about Dylan sneaking in that night, because Miles found out about everything. I felt almost like I couldn't keep any secrets from him anymore.

But when I walked in his office he smiled at me.

His pack member left us to be. I was confused, unsure exactly what Miles wanted.

I sat in front of him, eyes arched. "I just wanted to ask you something." He murmurs, cleaning up his desk from all the shit ton of papers.

"Okay?"

"The other day, you came in saying you needed to talk to me and you didn't get to finish." He looked slightly annoyed, probably recalling when his beta bursted in, unannounced.

"Oh." I wasn't sure how to go about that. I no longer wanted to say what I had to say then.

"It was nothing." I shake my head.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded.

"Okay." He looks down at his desk for a second. I waited, wondering what else he wanted to say.

But after a few seconds I figured maybe he just wanted me to leave. "Okay I'll go ba-" I got up, halfway pushing in my chair when suddenly he spoke again. "Jane I love you." He says out of the blue.

I froze, my heart, my breath, everything! I just froze, shocked out of my fucking mind.

Finally I started breathing and although my heart started beating very fast, it was beating.

"Uh- what?" I turned to him, looking at his face, wondering if he really said that or I was just hearing things!

He stood up, walking to me.

"I love you.." he whisper, stepping so close to me that our noses were inches from touching.

"You love me?" I ask in a very low, unintentionally, raspy voice.

"Yes." He nods.

I didn't know what to say. But I responded in the only way I knew how to. I leaned in and kissed him. His lips were soft and responded quickly to mine.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Our lips moved in sync, I wrapped my arms around his neck and tried moving my body as close as possible to him.

Within a few seconds into our kiss he starts biting my lip and then without permission, shoving his tongue down my throat. Now I would've been slightly annoyed by it, but instead kind of turned on by how confident he was.

And not to mention he was a fantastic kisser...

And hot. He's also very fucking hot.