Chapter 1

Four years.

Four years was how long it took to clear the great plateau, all the divine beasts, recover all his memories and any other small tasks Hyrule required of him.

Four years since he had seen Zelda.

But there she was- standing before him- basking in the golden light of her divine power as she expelled the last of Calamity Ganon.

When the blinding light subsided, she stood there a moment in the quiet breeze. She looked exactly the same as that fateful day when Ganon had first taken the province. Her perfect white dress was still faintly stained from the rainstorm, and her hair was the same golden yellow as it was before.

She turned, slowly, and smiled at him. "You do remember me, don't you?"

Link stared as he recalled the memories he discovered on his journey, from the moment he was appointed as her knight to the moment he fell to Ganon's army. All the times he watched her, followed her, protected her. All the times she yelled at him, opened up to him, and cried to him. They were all there, at that very moment in her beautiful blue eyes.

He smiled as he thought about it, and it made her smile widen. "I'll take that as a yes."

She turned to look at the castle, and he trotted up to stand beside her. The old red malice was disappearing, and the sky was returning to a normal blue, but the castle itself stood black and ruined.

"That'll take some fixing," Zelda laughed, before turning and walking away, Link quick at her heels.