[ nine ]

"but mark where are we going?"

"hold on, it's a surprise."

mark's car began to drive up in an isolated area, a place donghyuck had never seen before

"are you driving me out here to kill me?"

"nah dude, it's just a little spot."

the car rolled up to a lake surrounded by trees, a small picnic area seated next to the area of water.

"What is this place markie?"

"I set up a picnic for us, come sit out here."

Mark led donghyuck out into the grass area next ot the river, and he sat down next to the latter, watching as his curious eyes took in the gorgeous surroundings.

"It's beautiful here."

"I thought you deserved to be the first person i brought here, it's kind of like a special place for me, sometime I just, lay in the grass and look up at the sky, kinda like we do at school."

Mark began to lie backwards, his eyes being lit up by the sun. donghyuck watched him for a moment, he watched as the sun rays illuminated his crush's face. He smiled and laid down next to him, the two of their hands brushing against each other, donghyuck's warm hand lightly grazed marks. using his other hand Donghyuck picked up his phone.

new message - open ? [yes | no]

sunshine hyuck 🤟☀️
im gonna hold ur hand k

markie 💛☁️
k

donghyuck let his hand fall into marks as he felt his heart beating at an irregular place. his hands were soft, they fit like puzzle pieces, the perfect fit for each other. donghyuck turned to mark, watching his eyes travel among the different leaves falling through the air. he was so perfect to him, like the answer he always needed. he was there to catch donghyuck.
we don't know how mark was feeling though- did we know if he was in love with donghyuck as much as he was? did we know if he felt like donghyuck completed him? did we know if he wanted to stay like this? no, we don't.

new message - open? [yes | no]

markie 💛☁️
ur hands r soft

sunshine hyuck 🤟☀️
so r urs

markie 💛☁️
I'm hungry

sunshine hyuck 🤟☀️
did u bring food

markie💛☁️
it's in the car

sunshine hyuck 🤟☀️
thanks babe 💛

markie 💛☁️
babe lmao what
seen 12:34

Donghyuck opened the car door and found a picnic basket, obviously prepared by his mother, considering marks 'history'.

"what did she pack this time."

mark came behind donghyuck, resting his arms on his back. donghyuck felt his heart rate begin to pick up again, once again getting nervous.

"she packed a lot stuff, literally your entire kitchen is here."

"mothers, huh."

"hah, can't relate."

"you don't have a mom?"

"never have, never will."

the two of the went back to their original position the the grass, holding hands again.

"do you mind me asking why?"

"when I was born, my parents abandoned me here, in Seoul. a couple years later I found a little girl on the street. she was homeless. i took her in to the abandoned place I was hiding in. I looked after her."

"so minhyuk isn't your sister?"

"no, but she's like my daughter, I want her to grow up with a better life than I did."

"I'm sorry."

"don't be, it's okay. we all have something eating at us inside. some bigger than others."

"well fuck to that- when I'm older I have to run a company with a dick as a father."

"it's okay mark- why don't we just go back to eating- I don't feel like crying right now."

"I guess."

"Ah, you're home! minhyuk has just gone to rest, why don't you two head upstairs. you can stay another night if you want donghyuck."

"It's up to minhyuk, I don't really mind where we stay as long as she's happy."

"Why don't you two head upstairs and get comfortable. In an hour or two you can order dinner. I'm going to a meeting with your father in Busan so I won't be here for a week. I even set up a daycare for minhyuk if that makes it easier for you. hyuck, you can stay as long as you want dear."

"thank you ma'am have fun on your trip! we'll keep your home very nice and clean and I'll make sure to look after mark!"

"ah, I wish my son was more like you. well I'm off, there's an envelope with money in the fridge and I picked out some of the clothes for donghyuck to wear. I also bought minhyuk some new clothes if you don't mind."

"Miss, you didn't have to. That's so sweet! I really think it's too much that you're letting me stay here, I feel so bad."

"Donghyuck, sweetie, you and your sister have been such a pleasure to have here, you. Feel just like family."

"Ah- stop you're gonna make me cry miss."

His mom pulled him into a hug and held the boy tight squeezing him lightly.

"alright boys, you have fun here. I'll be back in a couple days with your father."

"goodbye ma'am!"

"later mom."

"so should we order pizza or something?"

"okay, I'll order something. You go up and get changed."

mark order pizza and donghyuck came back downstairs

"mark- I think your hoodie is way too big."

"it looks cute on you!"

"it smells like you."

"I ordered a large pepperoni"

"yeet."

"yeet?"

"yeet."

[ a:n - I'm sorry i haven't uploaded any books in a while oops skskksksks. I hope this pure shit is good cause it's gonna get real angsts next couple chapters, like shits gonna go down y'all better hold your weaves. ]